No active threads on him...

Stumbled across this guy last month on Candyrat and he's totally blown me away.

Classically trainde violoinist, singer, guitarist, glockenspiel and whistling etc. Sounds like an odd combo but it's some of the most original music I've ever heard.

I know you guys love your mp3s so I've got five songs for you...

Here's a download from his official site to plug his 05 album.

A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left.

That's probably the best all example of his excellent composition, melody and lyrics.

Another free download from his site is Sovay, another great one off his 03 album.

On top of that there's his Myspace of which the best songs are Fake Palindromes and Heretics.

On top of that his live performanceas from Bonaroo are on youtube.

Now get discussing this awesome man! And no excuses for not hearing him!
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Great artist that I recently got into as well... Some of the best and most original music I've ever heard as well... KUDOS TO THE THREADMAKER!
yeah he's good

I got Armchair Acrophya or w/e the new album is called, and it was slightly disapointing

the mysterious production of the egg, however, is thoroughly brilliant

Im seeing him at Berkley University in May
^ Thought it wasn't out till mid March?
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
^ Thought it wasn't out till mid March?

yeah it's not

my favorite AB song ever is defenetly "Tables and Chairs"
Which of course leads me on to how come you have it? Did it leak?
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
I've known of him for quite awhile, but I had never picked up any albums until I finally got The Mysterious Production of Eggs a few days ago. It's great stuff. I'm really looking forward to the new one.
Quote by Rankles
Which of course leads me on to how come you have it? Did it leak?

I guess it must've, I asked a friend to burn me some Andrew Bird one day before id heard him and Armchair was one of the cd's. So yeah it must be leaked, because my friend is not connected or nething.
That's a shame I was hoping it'd be good, although Heretics is good but nothing great.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Yeah, Andrew Bird's stuff is decent. He's one of those people that seems to get a reasonable amount of press that no one really pays attention to.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
he is really great, weather systems is just about as good as the mysterious production of eggs, but not quite...can't wait for the new one
Just picked up all three of his live albums from his site for 30$, sweet deal.

His bowl of fire stuff on there is pretty weak, but the rest is awesome. Some great songs played so differently live.

Bumpage ftw. Armchair Apocrypha is out now and a couple songs are on his myspace. Personally I think it's just as good as his other work. All pretty consistent so far.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
^ I'm catching him in June in London.
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
his new cd is
realll good.
i didnt really start listening to him til a couple months ago but hes one of my favorite artists.
I really enjoyed Armchair Apocrypha, the man can craft a song, thats for sure. Would those who know his music recommend following up with some of the Bowl of Fire stuff or just getting his other two solo albums?
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
i just got the new album, my first Bird Cd, so far so good. I like the way he goes about a song, very orginal

I can't over how ridiculously good this guy is... Every time he plays near me its 19+

edit: to the previous poster, the mysterious production of eggs is my favourite album