all right so i have a vox ad50vt and i am really sick of the distortion amp models. what im thinking about doing is 2 things.

A-get a big muff and see how that works out for me, and use it with the vox

B-save money for about a year and get a better amp and get a big muff.

i reeeally dont wanna have to spend a bunch of money because im going to need it for gas and stuff. how do you guys think the big muff would work with my amp and my mexican strat??
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Theres no point getting a fuzz pedal to go with a odelling amp, it just wont sounds great. Your best bet is to save up for a new amp, all valve! And get the big muff with that. However if ur completley desperate get the pedal, but you have been warned, it wont sound great with a moddelling amp!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

and just a side question, how much do you guys think i could sell a vox ad50vt that i got in november thats in perfect condition?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
im sellin my ad50vt aswel lol, how funny Im gonna ask for about £100 for it, tyou wont get much more believe me. Im sellin my epiphone with it aswell cos i cant stand it and then savin up some more money adn gettin some new guitar stuff, dont know what yet
good luck on sellin it!
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

65% of price
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
Quote by notsojoeyb4eva
Theres no point getting a fuzz pedal to go with a odelling amp, it just wont sounds great. Your best bet is to save up for a new amp, all valve! And get the big muff with that. However if ur completley desperate get the pedal, but you have been warned, it wont sound great with a moddelling amp!

vox amps do fine with pedals. and you don't necessarily need an all-tube amp or anything. if you're happy, then get the big muff.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
no thats the thing tubab0y, im sick of the vox a lot...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
then save up for a new amp...^

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
idk if its worth it. im thinking about getting a tube amp thats between $400 and $500. im thinking that since ill have a job this summer, ill be making about 100 bucks or so a week. i figure if i save about 100 a month, or even more, then after 5 or 6 months then i could get a pretty damn good amp. idk if it would be worth it though...do you guys think it would be?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
A new amp will make you happy. Every time i get a new amp, Which is not often, I'm happy.

Bear in mind i have no tube amps. My cheapest amp was free, then a pignose for 12 bucks, then a peavey for 100 bucks ( cab like 275 or something), and each time it makes me happy with the great tones i can get from them . Seriously, get a new amp.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
where'd u get a pignose for 12 bucks?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
believe me, if i had a bunch of money i would. i have like 1200 bucks right now, and im going to have to use 1000 of it to put towards my car in may. then after that ill have a job all summer that will most likely pay minimum wage. so after the car ill have 200 bucks, have to pay for gas, and have a minimum wage job. i dont know if ill be able to afford to buy something like a peavey classic 30 or fender amp like i want. if its not what i want im not going to spend the money you know...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
anyone else?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
i dont know if ill be able to afford to buy something like a peavey classic 30 or fender amp like i want. if its not what i want im not going to spend the money you know...

Of you sell your amp, you could probably scratch enough money together to get an amp along those lines on the used market right about now. Figure around $400, but you might do better than that.

With $1200 on hand, you could buy the new amp first, then sell your AD50. That's how I'd do it. Should still leave you with around a grand for the car come May. That way you could take you time, and watch for a deal.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Not to sound like a b**** or anything, but IMO you should save up until you can get a better amp and buy the Big Muff too.
Last edited by warsuxletsparty at Feb 24, 2007,
no you dont sound like a bitch, i wanna hear your opinion so thanks
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by woodenbandman
A new amp will make you happy. Every time i get a new amp, Which is not often, I'm happy.

do what he says. if you hate your amp, a new one will make you happy, and will be worth it.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
any suggestions on an amp then? i was thinking maybe a peavey classic 30 used, or maybe some kind of fender. i want a sound like aerosmith, led zeppelin, red hot chili peppers, etc...
Lunatics on pogo sticks
all right thanks
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
all right so i have a vox ad50vt and i am really sick of the distortion amp models. what im thinking about doing is 2 things.

A-get a big muff and see how that works out for me, and use it with the vox

B-save money for about a year and get a better amp and get a big muff.

i reeeally dont wanna have to spend a bunch of money because im going to need it for gas and stuff. how do you guys think the big muff would work with my amp and my mexican strat??

muffs are good leads, but horrible if youre looking for distortion.
They make a solo sound awsome, but they are very meh when it comes to playing cords. You can make them sound good with cords, but you have to turn the sustain almost off.

Get an ibanez tube screamer.
but first get a new amp.
go for the fender, or a vox ac15, the real ones. those will make you happy.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!