Page 1 of 2
Anyone listen to these guys? great band in my opinion, Might get big soon, released one single, gets MTV2 PLay occasionally, better than alot more of these modern bands.

José
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
they named there band after a move in street fighter haha
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
That Boy That Girl is such a f*cking awesome song, I really can't listen to it enough. All their other stuff's pretty good too. Can't wait for them to get in the studio and get an album sorted
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
No album yet I was going to go buy it this weekend if there was one... *tear*

They are one of the better bands I have heard from this country recently and That Boy, That Girl is an amazing song. I only have a few other songs also pretty good.

Roll on their albums and subsequent appearences in Glasgow.
Like 'em, went to see them a month ago but then the people at the venue had never heard of them and it turned out to be a bloody mess than ended up with me not seeing them. Shame.

They're playing Cambridge soon and i'm going to check them out then!
Great name and I liked the song when I heard it. It hasn't really stuck in my head though.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Stupid, stupid band.

The lyrics are shockingly bad, but people praise them. All they are doing is copying the Arctic Monkeys style of social commentary, but using the obvious Myspace as a target (which every shit comedian does nowadays). They seem to be anti-scene, but are named after a move in a SNES video game? Seems a bit idiotic to me....
If they are anti scene, why does the lead guy look like such a bellend in NME? Like worse or as bad as Enter Shikari and that lot.

Apprently he was big in the grime scene?

Edit they are playing in my town a day after my final AS exam.
Last edited by Jackolas at May 21, 2007,
My brother got me into them, pondering if i should see them on the 8th of June at ULU, I am not even into them that much, just want to experiance something other then the Camden Underworld for once, thats all i bloody go to, to see metal, and the occasional slice of Rock.

They are good band though, they opened my mind to grime, but they are hardly popular among the grime kids.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by _Mayday_
Stupid, stupid band.

The lyrics are shockingly bad, but people praise them. All they are doing is copying the Arctic Monkeys style of social commentary, but using the obvious Myspace as a target (which every shit comedian does nowadays). They seem to be anti-scene, but are named after a move in a SNES video game? Seems a bit idiotic to me....

+1234567898765432123456789876543212345678987654321
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
awful, awful band.
they are just a bunch of scenesters in dayglo baseball caps.

they are touring, but only have about four songs. first band i have ever seen that did an encore of a song they had already played that night.
the girl on the keyboards looked bored out of her mind.

and that boy that girl has to be the laziest bit of songwriting i have ever heard.
just another crappy band from a scene full of posers and 13 year olds.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
completely disagree with the guy above me.
I LOVE HADOUKEN <3
easily my favourite band.
they're original, unique and unlike anything i've ever heard before.
they're music is amazing, i hope they make it big someday
and i can't wait for their album!
..or for them to possibly come over to canada?
I went to see them and thier preformance was meh at best.
I stick firm with my opinion that they are alright, but yes i totally agree they are Scenester scum and they are in no way in touch with the grime scene that burrow from heavily. Someone told me that thier singer was big in the grime scene but honestly if you saw and heard this guy talk. Can you say Trustfund kiddie.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Quote by xalyssam
completely disagree with the guy above me.
I LOVE HADOUKEN <3
easily my favourite band.
they're original, unique and unlike anything i've ever heard before.
they're music is amazing, i hope they make it big someday
and i can't wait for their album!
..or for them to possibly come over to canada?

they are not original. its just grime. ****ty grime at that
they are just doing what ten ton of people have been doing in the grime scene for nearly 10 years now.

people only care about grime now because some scene white kids with boxfresh everything are doing it (badly).

when it was coming from some poor black kids bedroom in hackney, nobody cared.
(and with good reason, because its not very good music - 6 notes going down chromatically over stock fruityloops synths and 2step beats? oh yeah, thats real cutting edge stuff)

obviously people are entitled to opinions on music but hadouken are NOT ORIGINAL. people just think they are because of ignorance to music other than whats right infront of them.

and anyway, grime wasnt even original when it first came out. it was just the crappier aspects of garage, jumpup drum n bass and hiphop combined to create an annoying, flowless, two-step, hybrid crock of poorly produced ****.
Hadouken aren't really original in a certain sense that it's just Grime, but bringing it to a new audience and playing it raw as rock music is.

I went to their gig in Cambridge not long ago and they put on a superb show, and they played for over an hour, so they're pretty alright live. Saying that, why does what hats they wear really matter?
Last edited by Alix_D at Aug 18, 2007,
Quote by Alix_D

I went to their gig in Cambridge not long ago and they put on a superb show, and they played for over an hour, so they're pretty alright live. Saying that, why does what hats they wear really matter?

Because they are, among others, guilty of the hienous crime of 'Style over Substance'.
Quote by Malakian88

Indeed.
If that's what you think, I didn't even know what they looked like until I saw them live, so really couldn't care less about a bands style. Seems i'm the only one though.
To be honest, everyone I know seems to love them, and thinks they're mightily original.

They're bandwagon jumpers, only "cool" because they take a name from an old video game, which somehow makes them cooler.

They're a bit meh, and not really very original.
Now and Zen.
I reallly like em, altho they do look so blatantly scene...

can any one link me to these "tons of other bands" that they sound like? i couldnt find anyone that sounded like them, and id be glad of a listen of similar artists

Skill wise on their instruments they suck though, it must be said, cept for maybe the drummer.
they sound like watered down grime acts, like Lethal B, Wylie and Roll deep.

if you wanna hear some reeeeally crappy grime search myspace for pretty much any musical group of yoots from east london.

if you are in the UK, watch channel U for 20 minutes.
its terrible isnt it. it wasnt so bad when it showed the decent stuff, now it seems all you have to do to get on there is send them a poorly edited music video.
and it really highlights the sorry state of grime.

aside from that it also highlights that hadouken are nowhere near as original or fresh as people claim they are.
Quote by FunkasPuck
its terrible isnt it. it wasnt so bad when it showed the decent stuff, now it seems all you have to do to get on there is send them a poorly edited music video.
and it really highlights the sorry state of grime.

aside from that it also highlights that hadouken are nowhere near as original or fresh as people claim they are.

The videos are just terrible, all of them are just shocking.

Nope, not super original, but you don't have to be original to be good.
true. but hadouken are unfortunately neither.

that is what pisses me off most. that people reckon its like the holy grail of music. some incredible undiscovered new style.
but its interesting that the only people who seem to think this way are scene, suburban white kids.
Quote by FunkasPuck
true. but hadouken are unfortunately neither.

that is what pisses me off most. that people reckon its like the holy grail of music. some incredible undiscovered new style.
but its interesting that the only people who seem to think this way are scene, suburban white kids.

Well it's your opinion if you think they're good or not, but their originality isn't in question.

The reason most people think they're some undiscovered style is because they are to the rock crowd or, a better way to put it, the scenesters, which is simply where they've decided to 'sell' themselves.
not into them at all.

theyre just over-rated noise IMO who are trying to hard to combine genres.
Wtf happened here then? Moved to Other, I think this belongs there?
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

lol yeah that Channel U or whatever is fckin' awful innit If they didn't try hard to look cool and I dunno', famous they might not make themselves look like wannabe MTV but whatever. Anyways anyone heard the Hadouken remix of Plan B - No More Eatin'? Ruins it all when they start singing or whatever.

For some reason white middle-class scenesters shouting "Hit the raod jack, give that boy a smack, you got hit him back" or some **** really defuses the whole point and dont appeal to me much
Quote by i<3mtv
lol yeah that Channel U or whatever is fckin' awful innit If they didn't try hard to look cool and I dunno', famous they might not make themselves look like wannabe MTV but whatever. Anyways anyone heard the Hadouken remix of Plan B - No More Eatin'? Ruins it all when they start singing or whatever.

For some reason white middle-class scenesters shouting "Hit the raod jack, give that boy a smack, you got hit him back" or some **** really defuses the whole point and dont appeal to me much

Err, that line belongs to Plan B.

Besides, what does class have to do with bullying?
Well, on the remix it belongs to Hadouken And well ya know, the song has an aggressive vibe and they jusy ruin it...
I dunno, it's still quite aggressive, it's not about just beating people up though, it's about being bullied, so I don't think it's that important.
Page 1 of 2