Is there any way you can delete just a small portion of something you recorded? For example, I recorded both a rhythm and a lead part, but I don't like part of the lead, is there any way I can delete just part of the lead without having to re-record the whole thing?
Yes, there is. I can't tell you how though, I have a friend who used to use Garageband to do recording and I know he used to do that, but I've never used Garageband... Logic for me.
choose the track and go edit>delete track :S
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Quote by ^Slash^
choose the track and go edit>delete track :S

i think hes asking how to delete just a small part of the track, not the whole thing. i wish i knew how, i was just trying to figure it out the other day
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM strat with dimarzio pups
JCM800
Egnater Rebel 30
Takamine Acoustic
tons of pedals
If your looking to delete part of a specific track, that all you have to do is click the button on the bottom left of the screen that looks like a pair of scissors. You can use this tool to select parts of individual tracks, and seperate them by double clicking. Once you have done this, you can just select the specific piece of track and press delete.
Quote by zl1288
If your looking to delete part of a specific track, that all you have to do is click the button on the bottom left of the screen that looks like a pair of scissors. You can use this tool to select parts of individual tracks, and seperate them by double clicking. Once you have done this, you can just select the specific piece of track and press delete.

Thank you
put the line thing where you dont like it and record over it
My Music
Quote by x_themetalfan_x
For a second I thought the title said "I swallowed my dick".

my gear:
fender stratocaster american deluxe SSS(s1)
G-DEC 30W amp
custom carrying case
jasmine by takamine acoustic
silvertone acoustic

AMAZING GUITAR SOLO!!!