Hey theres some parts of my playing that I'm not very happy with and I wondering if I should take some lessons to help with it.

Bending. I can bend in key quite easily but its when I'm releasing the bend that the other strings ring from being touched. Such as this lick from Sweet Child:

E     Q     E   E              
E||------------------15br--|-------||
B||--12br---L--------------|-------||
G||--------------14--------|-------||
D||------------------------|-------||
A||------------------------|-------||
E||------------------------|-------||

When I release the bend at 15th, the G string will ring loudly. Is there something i should be doing to stop this, as it only happens when i bend and release a string quickly. Also, when i take my finger off the A on the G string it will ring aswell.

Another thing is, when i play a scale such as E Phrygian in heavy distortion it just sounds like mush.
       S  S  S  S S  S  S S  S  S  S  S  S  S  E            
E||---------------------------------------10-12--|-------||
B||------------------------------10-12-13--------|-------||
G||----------------------9-10-12-----------------|-------||
D||--------------9-10-12-------------------------|-------||
A||--------10-12---------------------------------|-------||
E||--12-13---------------------------------------|-------||

Is this because of the harmonics ringing at 12th fret or is it something else?
Quote by Kensai
Because 14 yr olds + teh internetz = liez

I made that up in math class.

Quote by Random Youtube Kid
Michael Romeo- You think he plays fast? You should watch him eat cream pies.
Well, if it sounds like mush, there are a few possibilities, but the simple answer is don't have such heavy distortion.

You might also not be articulating very cleanly, but in order to check that you'll still need the distortion lowered.

As for the bending... I almost always bend with either my second or third fingers. This leaves the index and sometimes the middle finger on my fretting hand available to mute other strings behind the bend.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Well I always practice scales and such on the clean channel and i can still hear a slight hum when playing around the 12th fret, anywhere else is fine. And as for bending im using my 3rd finger to bend with my 2nd finger on the 14th fret for an aid.
Quote by Kensai
Because 14 yr olds + teh internetz = liez

I made that up in math class.

Quote by Random Youtube Kid
Michael Romeo- You think he plays fast? You should watch him eat cream pies.
Last edited by Hawker45 at Feb 24, 2007,
What I do when bending is, I use my palm or the side of my thumb to mute the remaining strings so nothing rings out... or just touching some of the strings with your right hand fingers to mute them will work...
Equipment:

Ibanez RG1570
Ibanez SA160
B-52 At-100
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
ISP Decimator