Ok so recently I've been wanting to sing in a band(Grindcore/metal/deathmetal) Sometime(probably not for awhile) But I cant sing. Like I can sort of scream and shit, that I can practice. But when even I try and sing normally my voice breaks up and i literally can sing. I try, but shit doesn't come out. Is that because I'm 16 and my voice is still going to be ****ed up for awhile. Or Should I Take lessons?
I wouldn't know. I mean, professional singers have NEVER taken any lessons, so why should you? It'd just be gay any other way, right?

I'm off to go be like Yngwie and learn everything by myself. I mean, if he can do it, why can't I?
Quote by #1 synth
WOW, that was probably the best burn i've seen on here, you get +2 respect points wanttobebetter

Quote by Pan-Tallica
^X2 ... Didn't wahappen already warn you for acting like a mod?
Maybe you hurt your voice screaming, or you need practise, or your sick.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Quote by Wanttobebetter
I wouldn't know. I mean, professional singers have NEVER taken any lessons, so why should you? It'd just be gay any other way, right?

I'm off to go be like Yngwie and learn everything by myself. I mean, if he can do it, why can't I?

its actually very important to be taught the right way to scream. and yes, most professionals have at one time or another gone to a class of some sort to learn how to scream properly. permanent damage can happen if you do not scream quite right. good luck!
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
Quote by Bass Cat
its actually very important to be taught the right way to scream. and yes, most professionals have at one time or another gone to a class of some sort to learn how to scream properly. permanent damage can happen if you do not scream quite right. good luck!

You honestly couldn't even sense a little sarcasm in what I said?
Quote by #1 synth
WOW, that was probably the best burn i've seen on here, you get +2 respect points wanttobebetter

Quote by Pan-Tallica
^X2 ... Didn't wahappen already warn you for acting like a mod?
Quote by JC13
since when do people in grindcore sing normally?

Never, But Its not just going to be grindcore. Its being to heavily hardcore influenced to. And professional singers never take lessons. Thats Exactly why I want to. Most Good grindcore singers never last more than two albums without ****ing up their voice.
Quote by Wanttobebetter
You honestly couldn't even sense a little sarcasm in what I said?

Oh, i sensed the sarcasm. i'm just not sure if he does
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
its most likely because you are doing it totally wrong.
The noise isnt made in your throat, its made way deeper down. Download the Zen of Screaming and check out mellissa crosses site www.melissacross.com

I'm 15 turning 16 and been singing death/black since late 14.
Just remember, if it hurts your doing it wrong.
singing lessons: 50-100 bucks
books on singing theory: 20 bucks
singing in a grindcore/metal/death metal band: worthless
Quote by cpick2014
singing lessons: 50-100 bucks
books on singing theory: 20 bucks
singing in a grindcore/metal/death metal band: worthless

That was beautiful, I'm going to sig it.
please dude NO GRINDCORE!! plz!! im begging you! death metal/metal is great but please nothing ending with "'core" i hate that shit so damn much!! my suggestion is to not take singing lessons. waste of time. listen to some Opeth stuff. his voice is BADASS and he didnt take singing lessons and he doesnt scream either, he growls. growls > screaming.