Im terribly stuck in a rut, and need some advice. Ive been playing bass for about a year and have a white squier affinity p-bass, and need to upgrade cause the neck on it is bent. So i was at a local pawn shop the other day and saw a Fender P-bass (sunburst) for 250$. I asked the guy there about the history of the bass he said he didnt know anything about it. Now being that the cheapest fender out there is 400$ you would think this is a steal, right? Also note that both of the knobs for tone are missing , but can be easily replaced. Also it was made in Mexico ( i dont know if that matters). Do you think it is worth the risk?

Also if not, any suggestions for a new bass (around 300 $) would be most appreciated.
i dont know if its in good condition go for it.
but if not the ibanez gsr200 is only $200 and its one of the best basses out there for the money
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
My problem is the lube,it's not easing the pain,it just makes it less gripy

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Wait a minute! Do they send the boxes in boxes!?

EASY MONEY!!!!
Well here's the way you tell if a Fender is any good (it's a bit of a secret though)

Pick it up and play it.

If you are happy to put it down again, don't buy it. If the shopkeeper can't prize it out of your hands and you sit in the shop playing it until there's no skin left on your fingers, buy it.
Its a good price for a MIM Fender if its in good condition. If not, wait a bit and get one new or in better condition used somewhere else. Listen to smb though, its all about the feel.
Quote by UltimateNirvana
i dont know if its in good condition go for it.
but if not the ibanez gsr200 is only $200 and its one of the best basses out there for the money

Eh. I have a friend who uses one. And honestly, I hate it. I had a fender p-bass before and it was one of my favorite basses ive played. Of couse look for ones with a jazz, and two regular pickups. It gives you alot of different sounds.
Those knobs are cheap to replace. $250 for something that says FENDER on it is a damn good deal. Go for it!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..