Well its all opinion cos its the type of music u lissen 2 + the type of guitarist you are (rythm or lead). So anyway heres mine:
1. Jimmy Hendrix
2. Slash
3. Kerry King
4. Angus Young
5. James Hetfield
6. Matthew Heafy
7. Kirk Hammett
8. Matthew Tuck
9. Dave Mustaine
10. Mick Thompson
Well i bet most people will disagree but then no1 will agree with them, i gess the isnt the 10 best ever after all its just the 10 best in my opinion.
Manchester United
Oh ye and b4 any1 ses god its jimmy hendrix at the top again, i dont reeli like his music but he is the best
Manchester United
Quote by Shabalaba
Well its all opinion cos its the type of music u lissen 2 + the type of guitarist you are (rythm or lead). So anyway heres mine:
1. Jimmy Hendrix
2. Slash
3. Kerry King
4. Angus Young
5. James Hetfield
6. Matthew Heafy
7. Kirk Hammett
8. Matthew Tuck
9. Dave Mustaine
10. Mick Thompson
Well i bet most people will disagree but then no1 will agree with them, i gess the isnt the 10 best ever after all its just the 10 best in my opinion.

No offence your list sucks..... Kerry King??? 3rd greatest guitarist ever? I dont think so....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Yeha your list blows i mean....kirk hammet is in it !
Looking for a new sig!
so how is James Hetfield above kirk hammet....was kirk hammet lead guitar in metallica while james was rythm?
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
1. John Williams
2. Ritchie Blackmore
3. Jimi Hendrix
3. David Gilmour
4. John Mclaughlin
5. Paco De Lucila
6. Yngwie Malmsteen
7. Buckethead
8. Paul Gilbert
9. John Schofield
10. Pat Methany
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
As who is the best guitarist is subjective, there really is no right (or wrong) answer.

The better question is: What 10 guitarists have had the greatest influence on the guitar players ?
Quote by ric822
As who is the best guitarist is subjective, there really is no right (or wrong) answer.

The better question is: What 10 guitarists have had the greatest influence on the guitar players ?

yes
i guess we're suppose to make a list of our top ten favorite guitarest, well here's mine
1.Thurstone Moore
2. Carrie Brownstein
3. J. Mascis
4. Lou Reed
5. Tom Verlaine & Richard Llyod
6. D. Boon
7. Jonny Greenwood
8.Andy Gill
9. Daniel Ashe
10. Roger Miller

How are Three of the greatest ever not in this discussion? SRV, Clapton, EVH. This subject is most definately subjective. It's all a matter of opinion. But as far as influence goes, I'd say the 3 I just mentioned have had a LARGE hand in the influence of modern guitar.

My top 10..

EVH
SRV
Clapton
Satriani
Vai
Page
Angus Young
Hendrix
B.B. King
Eric Johnson

Not necessarily in that order. There can't be any one Greatest. All have their own unique styles that they are good. Like EVH is a the best ROCK guitarist, While it's a tossup between B.B. King and Clapton for the best Blues Guitarist. SRV is the best Southern Rock etc..

I pick my favorite this way, If I had to pick just one, and All the music written by the rest would cease to exist, and be wiped from my memory. Which one would I miss the most. That's EVH. I've gotten more pleasure listening to EVH than ANY other musician. Hands Down.

That's my 2 cents.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
1. Dave Murray
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Kiko Lourerio
4. Kai Hansen
5. Adrian Smith
6. Tony Iommi
7. Eddie Van Halen
8. Paul Gilbert
9. Marty Friedman
10. K.K. Downing
Quote by Shabalaba
1. Jimmy Hendrix
2. Slash
3. Kerry King
4. Angus Young
5. James Hetfield
6. Matthew Heafy
7. Kirk Hammett
8. Matthew Tuck
9. Dave Mustaine
10. Mick Thompson

Where the **** is Dimebag Darrell, Randy Rhoads, Zakk Wylde? I'm guessing you didn't put Randy in cause he died young and didn't reach his full potential the shit he was doing then was amazing another guitarist..Allen Collins from Skynyrd fkn legend...Rips up every guitarist there.
These walls are closing in, they're bound to suffocate me
Compled to live my life in ways I could never imagine
Can you save the dying eyes? Sentenced to never be free
I stand convicted of all your fucking lies.
Last edited by Bizkitfury666 at Feb 25, 2007,