Hi, just wondering, is the song Back in Black by C-DC too advanced for me? I've been playing for two months and have learned Smells Like Teen Spirit, Stairway(no solo), and Johnny B. Goode. Those are mostly songs that involve using chords, or are very simple and short. I am not sure if I can learn this one because of the solos. There is just too much to memorize. Should I just go for it? Also, any other song suggestions? I usually set a goal of learning 3 songs a month. Thanks,
You're the only one that can determine if it's too advanced for you.

No to your question.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Arlabester
everything minus the solo is easy.

There are a lot of songs with insane riffs I can't do
Quote by Jongpil Yun
There are a lot of songs with insane riffs I can't do

no lol i mean back in black.

^not for me its not.
just go try it you dont need other people to tell you. You also dont need someone to tell you is something is advanced. Try a hard song,if you cant do it , go for an easier one until it gets to your level and you will know what songs you can play
Quote by timo1
just go try it you dont need other people to tell you. You also dont need someone to tell you is something is advanced. Try a hard song,if you cant do it , go for an easier one until it gets to your level and you will know what songs you can play

x2. very well put.
Ok thanks. What other songs might you guys recommend? I like classic rock, blues, and 50's rock. Suggestions?
Quote by thedude051
Ok thanks. What other songs might you guys recommend? I like classic rock, blues, and 50's rock. Suggestions?

listen to music. like music. play music.
Quote by Arlabester
listen to music. like music. play music.

I do all of the above. But i just wanted some suggestions...
uhh what I did was sort of learn parts or riffs of songs
then when I got better put together teh solos.

Edit: So basically you can just learn teh powerchord part of back in black because it sound better like that rather than ordinary chords.
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
you shook me all night long (changing from g cord to c really pissed me off when i was learning it lol) - acdc. i believe in a thing called love- the darkness is really fun to play too
Most of the song is pretty easy to play but the break may be a bit of a challenge for a beginner. Be patient and you'll get it. ACDC is great stuff for a new player to start off with so I think you're on the right track. I just devoured the whole Back in Black album when I was starting out, that album basically taught me how to play rock rhythm guitar.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
dude back in black is never too hard for ANY1 trust me. YOU CAN PLAY THAT SONG. i always love to remind people this that a song is NEVER too hard to play. any1 can play ANY song. it just takes work. there is no point asking a song if its too advanced, no song is ever too advanced because once you've started to practice it you are already at the level capable of playing it, because everytime you play it you only get better. why ask "should i go for it" its not like you have a pass/fail one shot at it. play it, and if it sounds liek crap, play it again, and keep playing it till its right, otherwise EVERYTHING becomes too advanced, and you neevr progress. challenging yourself everytime, and making things more complicated and increasingly difficult is the ONLY way to get better at anything. especially guitar, because you can NEVER fail at guitar, only progess. thats my little motivational speech for the evening.
Quote by thedude051
Hi, just wondering, is the song Back in Black by C-DC too advanced for me? I've been playing for two months and have learned Smells Like Teen Spirit, Stairway(no solo), and Johnny B. Goode. Those are mostly songs that involve using chords, or are very simple and short. I am not sure if I can learn this one because of the solos. There is just too much to memorize. Should I just go for it? Also, any other song suggestions? I usually set a goal of learning 3 songs a month. Thanks,

Dont think about memory problems.

The more you practice it the easier it will be.

Its muscle memory you have to build up. I cant play shit if i think about it, you just have to let it come.
The only way you are going to get better at guitar, and able to learn harder songs is just practise or try a song.. It seems impossible at first but then you can fly through it like nothing
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Back in Black is pretty straightforward, having said that I've lost count of how many times I've seen people murder it. The main riff is pretty easy, but it's important to play it accurately to get it to sound right, the timing needs to be razor sharp. You won't be able to play the bluesy descending riff that comes during the "breakdown" part of the song, that's pretty damn tricky. It's worth giving it a go, but if you want a few easier AC/DC songs to get used to their style.

Highway to Hell
Touch too much
Problem Child
TNT

A word of advice too, don't just learn songs - if you do that you'll progress at the speed of a glacier. The reason is because you learn every song in isolation, so most of what you learn only helps you play that song and nothing else. Do a little background reading on basic theory, nothing too complex mind. Read up on the basics of the major scale and spend a while reading up on chord formation (which links in with the major scale). Practice barre chords too and make sure you can execute them cleanly and quickly. Also make sure you're learning where the notes are on the neck as you go, it's much better to learn the basic stuff earlier as it helps you learn faster.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Feb 25, 2007,
under the bridge-rhcp in keeping secrets of silent earth 3-coheed and cambria smoke on the water lol layla by eric clapton or hey joe by hendrix
Back in Black is harder than people make it out to be. YES it is easy but alot of the time the people that say that dont even play the rythm right. Alot of the time people rush the wee pentatonic thing and it sounds like crap.. ive heard it played right like once or twice and one of them was me hahah
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
It should not be too hard for you. Just take your time and learn it correctly. Take it slow and spend plenty of time on each section. Do not get ahead of yourself though. If you have a problem with any part of the song, work on just that one part until you nail it then move on to the next part. That goes for any song really. As long as you put in the effort, nothing will be too hard for you. Just do not expect to play it perfectly on your first try! Give it time to develop in your mind and fingers.

As for suggestions on other songs, give You Shook Me All Night Long a go. The solo to that song is fairly simple, yet gratifying when you first learn it. KISS songs from the 70's are easy as well. Anything from them like Cold Gin, Love Gun (solo has a neat little run, simple but sounds good), Deuce, Strutter, Rock N Roll All Night, etc. 70's-80's Judas Priest is good for starting out as well. Their song Heading Out to the Highway is a good starter. I learned that one when I first started out. Was the first complete song I played (including the little "solo" part, super easy). Just give some things a try and be POSITIVE!!! Never let any song intimidate you. With enough practice, you can play any song ever written.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
Last edited by myMesa8mybrain at Feb 26, 2007,
Try it out and if it's too difficult, just go for something else. It's that easy!
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
you can try it and i think you should cuz it def goes in the classic rock category as does some of those other songs you have already learned. Good luck, I have been playing guitar for 5 + years and still cant play that song it has a real tricky hook on it.
Quote by steven seagull
Back in Black is pretty straightforward, having said that I've lost count of how many times I've seen people murder it.

Man is that ever true. For such a simple song it's amazing how few guys in bar bands are ever able to make it sound remotely like the album.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.