hello again, its me. i started to learn little wing, i was going sort of ok, finding it a bit tricky, but getting there, until i came to... this bit
e|-----------------------------------------------|
b|-----------------------------------------------|
g|---5-5-----5-5----------5-5-5--------------|
d|---7-7h9--7-5--5-5---5-7-5---------------|
a|-------------------8-7------------------------|
e|-5---------------------------------5-7\------|
i barre the fifth fret with my index finger, but then how in the heck am i going to be able to reach the 9th fret hammer on? it is physically impossible for me. what can i do? does anybody else have the same problem?
Originally Posted by Kill Factory
If you want to play some emo music, I recommend using these settings:

Gain: 0
Bass: 0
Mid: 0
Treble: 0

Master Volume: 0

HAHA!
dude unless you are playing it on a huge acoustic or have really small hands then it is really possible, ur already barring it, so that's good, now just get ur pinky to make the stretch, i wouldn't know what else to do, just practice, u'll get used to it, it'd def. one of those songs where you develop some new skills just by learning it
Quote by cobaindrix
hello again, its me. i started to learn little wing, i was going sort of ok, finding it a bit tricky, but getting there, until i came to... this bit
i barre the fifth fret with my index finger, but then how in the heck am i going to be able to reach the 9th fret hammer on? it is physically impossible for me. what can i do? does anybody else have the same problem?

maybe you don't have a lot of dexterity, and maybe it's not my business, but maybe you shouldn't be playing little wing if you can't do a 5-9 stretch. but if you're really set on it, use scales and keep trying to stretch until you get it, it just takes practice.
it all good now, i've figured out a way to do it. if i put my wrist on 9o degree angle so that my palms and fingers are parralel, i get heaps more reach. and i've also decided to use my thumb for the bass note so i dont have to barre so many strings. its probably a bit unorthodox, but oh well

HAHA!
oops the thumb idea isn't so great after all. im just going to have to put in the hard yards

HAHA!
As a person with short fingers, I truly sympathize. We don't all have freakish John Petrucii fingers.

Learn SRV's version of little wing first. That should help you out. hehe

1.Use code tags
2.Are you by any chance a midget?
Last edited by RealThing at Feb 25, 2007,