I took my guitar to my friends house and i plugged it in and everything and as i turned it up i heard talking. i wondered what it was so i got closer and it was a frickin radio station coming through my amp. how is that possible? has that happend to anyone else?
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
amps can pick up different frequencys if they're in the right place. no big deal. i think its kinda cool
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
You're not that specail kid. It's just bad ground wiring. My MG picks them up all the time.
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Yeah, it happens all the time, and a lot of times with my computer speakers.
Yea, we used to be able to do it with a wireless mic, if the receiver was on, but the mic was off, you got to listen to the radio...

Originally Posted by danzig-_-
just don't jack off too much or it'll be curved.

Originally Posted by Fishy27
lol, is there a way to un curve it?

I don't know....I guess use the other hand.
Last edited by Wolfdarrigan at Feb 24, 2007,
one time me and my friend were jamming, and we stopped and heard like a whole band playing, but really quietly, and we soon found that it was coming from his amp. We were wondering what the hell was going on, until my friend realized that his ipod was on and his eard buds were hanging by his pickups, oddly enough, his guitar pickups were able to pick up earbuds and it sounded pretty good.
Quote by fatalerror
one time me and my friend were jamming, and we stopped and heard like a whole band playing, but really quietly, and we soon found that it was coming from his amp. We were wondering what the hell was going on, until my friend realized that his ipod was on and his eard buds were hanging by his pickups, oddly enough, his guitar pickups were able to pick up earbuds and it sounded pretty good.

i hav to try that
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/NotsodumbnowamI.jpg[/img]
George Bush - "More than just a euphanism of pubic hair" - Colin Mocharie

MySpace be my friend,...... please?

Quote by iamded
My god... so simple... yet so fucking genius! You rock.
ya, my amp beeps and buzzes just before a call to my cell phone connects.
it would be cool if it wasnt annoying the crap out of me when i was trying to play

it finally went away after i moved the amp to a nother corner in the room
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
Me and my son were jamming last night and when we stopped the amp he was playing thru was talking about Jesus. I wish we were recording, it was a perfect segue (in a cynical, sarcastic kinda way).
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by fatalerror

My MP3 hard drive player will make strange noises when put next to my single coil pickups on the guitar.

Other than that...I have some cheap amps and none pick up any radio

however I'm in the studio downstairs and not even my good radios get any signal down there....

Quote by red_flag
ya, my amp beeps and buzzes just before a call to my cell phone connects.

I think every cell does that...my computer speakers,, sub woofer, keyboard, and any audio will pick up that beeping sound when the cell gets any type of signal
Quote by fatalerror

Its the magnet to magnet interaction, you can yell at your pickups and get a signal thru your amp. I saw one band that used a recording played on a cellphone that the held next to the pickups for the intro of Aces High... and we used to have a little alien head with a magnet on the back that when you pushed a button it would say something... could get that to go through the amp too.

just don't jack off too much or it'll be curved.

Originally Posted by Fishy27
lol, is there a way to un curve it?

I don't know....I guess use the other hand.
Crap amps tend to be a bit more microphonic, too, and the Fender Frontmans aren't renowned for their reliability (I would know, I own one).
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
My bands guitar player mostly get's some german kind of radio station when he points his guitar in a certain direction, don't get rid of it, IT'S FUN! :P
Make cupcakes, not war

Member #27 of the Electroharmonix users guild
that happened with my MG a lot. it was always picking up french radio stations for some reason, like only once a british one.