After reading through the articles on sweep picking on this site, i have been very interested in learning this technique. i am trying to start with a solo from trivium's detonation. it is the solo near the end of the song that goes like

S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
E||-----------------------12----------------------17-|
B||--14----------------14----14----------------14----|
G||-----14----------14----------14----------14-------|
D||--------16----16----------------14----14----------|
A||-----------16----------------------14-------------|
E||--------------------------------------------------|

(not a perfect picture but i just made it quick for the post). my main question is not how the hell you play this thing, just what is the best finger positions to use? i feel like this is something i could learn if i knew what the best way to use your fingers for it is. Any help would be awesome! Thanks.
not to be a n00b even though I'm no pro when it comes to guitar (just play for fun), could someone elaborate on the concept of rolls a little? i think i have a little idea but not sure.
you have to like put your finger on the strings and move part of it off while rolling it over the next string
The 14 to 14 and 16 to 16 parts will be hardest. Try rolling your finger in a rubber stamp motion.

And you might want to try some easier three string aarps before going on to 5/6 string arps.