Ok, I've had my first guitar (that I got in a strat pack with quite possibly one of the worst amps ever) for a while and I need a new setup. I play mostly metal like Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, SOAD, Rage Against the Machine, Protest the Hero, The Human Abstract, etc. I also play stuff the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Sublime but I'm gonna use my new guitar for mostly the metal. My price range is pretty much anything under $450-$500 and I've been trying out some Ibanezs and some Schecters and some Epiphone Les Pauls and liking them. I've been looking at the RG series and Hellraisers and something with a locking nut would be good. So what guitar would you suggest. Thanks in advance
If you can stretch your budget a bit more..you can get yourself a nice schecter or a LTD. They're quality guitars with pick ups that perfectly suite you! (EMG's 81's 60's).
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
les paul??? ummm oook i'd definatley go with Ibanez... A lot of metal bands use ibanez and the Rg series are pretty good!
Why are you question the paul?

And did you even bother looking at his price range?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I'd love to strech my budget but I have a C or two on my report card so my parents won't let me work, but I'll check them out if I can. I'm sure I could find someway to make money

EDIT: Any thoughts on Ibanez RG4EXQM1? I played one today and thought it was good
Last edited by smitherson at Feb 24, 2007,
ESP LTD's man. you will NOT find a better guitar for the price of one of those. if you do ill give you 1000$ you will NEVER regret playing ESP especially for metal. they rape Jackson's mother.