I'm saving up my money for a new guitar and I think I'm gonna get me a Jackson RR3 Randy Rhoads, transparent red. Is it a good guitar for 750$$ or should I wait and save my money for an RR1 or just a different brand of guitar? Feedback, please.
Right I live in england so i work in different money but a RR3 is well worth it as a budget guitar. Its got great tone and a really fast and comfortable neck. And the stock pickups are good (duncans). And it has a flaoting trem which the others of the series dont.

As for saving up for the RR1,,,,its a bit back breaking dude that ones the highest in the series. If you decide to save up for a higher one consider the RR5. It lacks a few of the features of the RR1 but its still a brilliant guitar. the thru body neck gives a shit load of sustain. It would get you through a gig jsut as well as the RR1 which is twice the cost....but then again if you think you can afford it.
Alright thank you. I don't think I have the time to save up that much so I'll go with an RR3.
im getting the RR3 soon. ive heard its great for the price but id get the black one... i mean.. u save 50 dollars instantly
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
yea so dont spend extra money on the red or blue get black... cos blakc is awesome and no im not goth lol

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO DONT DO IT!! i bought one and it was shite. complete crap. the sustain/overall tone is absolutely terrible. mostly because of that wood. If you liek jackson get yourself a DK2 dinky. those kick ass. you said suggest soemthign else so i will.......ESP LTD they are 30 x better than jackson.
um i dont believe that... anyway ill have to check it ouit at the guitar store

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Quote by pimpslap1236
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO DONT DO IT!! i bought one and it was shite. complete crap. the sustain/overall tone is absolutely terrible. mostly because of that wood. If you liek jackson get yourself a DK2 dinky. those kick ass. you said suggest soemthign else so i will.......ESP LTD they are 30 x better than jackson.

Don't listen to that crap there a truly great guitar, as for the wood alder has a very rich tone, characterized by lots of fat low-end, well defined mid ranges and a lot of sustain. Alder is really light too, which makes it more comfortable for lengthy gigs. and ltd are pretty much to esp what squire is to fender not quite as bad though
i would have to say they arent bad guitars, nothing great about them either, but they sound good and if they feel comfortible to you thats what it comes down too, as for alder having a fat low end, i actually find alder brighter, but with a rich warmth, really great for lead work, i cant remember if the RR3s come with american duncans or not, for $750 it really should
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
since thers a thread about it and not many answered me rr3 or ibanez s470
I'd go for the RR3 thats what i went for I tryed ibanez but Im not a big fan of the necks but you should try them first see which feels right
I just got it. Had to set the guitar a bit, after that its very smooth. wasnt tough to do that either. The pickups are very good, fat tone. Its just a little heavy and you have to take care about the sharp ends. And yea I'm having a tough time finding a case/gig bag for it!!

I had before buying also checked out some ibanez ones. The S series is really good too.
The RR3 spec wise seems pretty good. I think most Jackson trems are direct swaps for an OFR? Not too sure.

Alternatively, you could try a Washburn X40PRO, Schaller trem and Seymour Duncan pickups.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X40-PRO-Electric-Guitar-w-Floyd-Rose-case?sku=516957

Also try out the Ibanez S470 / S320 / S520EX guitars. They have the ZR trem which is pretty snazzy. However, I advise changing out pickups. With the remaining cash, swap them out with anything you want.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964
Quote by sepultura alma
Don't listen to that crap there a truly great guitar, as for the wood alder has a very rich tone, characterized by lots of fat low-end, well defined mid ranges and a lot of sustain. Alder is really light too, which makes it more comfortable for lengthy gigs. and ltd are pretty much to esp what squire is to fender not quite as bad though

rofl . people only say that ltd - esp is like squire - fender because people ask whats the difference between ltd and esp?? so people say it's like squire - fender.. but squire is utter shite and im sure a load of people on this forum will agree that ltds kick the rr3's ass.
i mean for £400 you get..
alder body
BOLT ON maple neck = less sustain
duncan designed pickups ( in the uk )
LFR = shoddy trem

i mean for that prics those specs are a joke. try schecter for a even better guitar for that price. unless your one of those people whos like 'Z0mg ItS gOT raNdY ROAdS Nam3 aNd shaPE ITS LIK3 GAWd T3h SEZzoRS.1112211111!!!!!!'

*EHUM* but yeah if you wanna stick with jackson.... i say RR5 or DK2M.

Quote by Mwoit
The RR3 spec wise seems pretty good. I think most Jackson trems are direct swaps for an OFR? Not too sure.

Alternatively, you could try a Washburn X40PRO, Schaller trem and Seymour Duncan pickups.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-X40-PRO-Electric-Guitar-w-Floyd-Rose-case?sku=516957

Also try out the Ibanez S470 / S320 / S520EX guitars. They have the ZR trem which is pretty snazzy. However, I advise changing out pickups. With the remaining cash, swap them out with anything you want.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S520EX-Electric-Guitar?sku=519964

oh and listen to this guy aswel ^^^
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
RR3s have Real Duncans ^

You're probably going by all the out of date websites who still have the old specs up. The new RR3 is awesome.
Quote by pimpslap1236

the rr3 is practically a v shaped dk2 you bellend.

same wood, pickups, hardware. different shape.
Quote by bodomfan666
rofl . people only say that ltd - esp is like squire - fender because people ask whats the difference between ltd and esp?? so people say it's like squire - fender.. but squire is utter shite and im sure a load of people on this forum will agree that ltds kick the rr3's ass.
i mean for £400 you get..
alder body
BOLT ON maple neck = less sustain
duncan designed pickups ( in the uk )
LFR = shoddy trem

Oh shut the hell up. The LFR is a direct swap for an OFR + I know people who have had there's last for 6 years. Alder body is a top line quality wood. Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and John Petrucci's signature models all use bolt-on necks. Lastly they have real duncans.

The reason why your precious LTD is so cheap for the features, is because it's made in Korea by people who don't give a shit if your guitar has cum on the fretboard.
Quote by Guitarislife125
The reason why your precious LTD is so cheap for the features, is because it's made in Korea by people who don't give a shit if your guitar has cum on the fretboard.

SIGGED hahahaha
It's a great guitar, but if you have the chance/patience to save up for a RR1, then just do it, it's worth it.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.