Alright, the lyrics I write are meant to be meaningful and have some substance to them, rather than just cool sounding words jumbled together. :P

Leaders

v-v-v VERSE 1 v-v-v
What is this world but a machine
Fueled by lies and corrupted things
There is no truth, just disrespect
Towards our leaders but who are they?
Who are they?

v-v-v CHORUS v-v-v
Our lives are dead, there’s hardly hope
To continue on, just weed and coke-
The fuel to our economy
Crime, rape, and sodomy
We need their help to fight the war
Between light and dark, to close the door.
We need the help from those who call
Themselves our leaders, but who are they?

v-v-v VERSE 2 v-v-v
Lying asleep, caught in my dreams
A place without the endless screams
Euphoria is never there
We all must lead, a burden to bear
So, who are they?

***CHORUS***

v-v-v BRIDGE 1 v-v-v
We are the contradiction
The bitter revolution
Control of what was taken
Our calling to awaken
-^ 4x ^-

v-v-v BRIDGE 2 v-v-v
Leading their fight
Making things right
Ending this strife
Falling to life
-^ 2x ^-

***BREAKDOWN***

***SOLO***

***CHORUS x2***

Constructive criticism, please.
Huh... political songs are difficult to write and I can feel that in this song, like you had a little rough spots and tried to fill the holes with cliche + negative feelings that man exude about the government. What kind of a song is it? I can tell that the lyrics hold a lot more meaning to them than most songs, but I don't agree with such negativity. That's taste though, the fact is that this song is well written. I especially like your rhyme scheme as it flows nicely. Also, you refer to yourself as "we are the contradiction". We makes it sound like you're connected to some coll movement, but are you? And why "contradiction? Try to incorporate a little more truth and a little less feeling into this song. It will sound alot better and appeal to more people's tastes.

Overall, it's well written. You succumed to cliches in a few parts, so just try and tweak those out and this will improve alot. 7/10.

Also, please crit mine Escape Route
Quote by flashbandit
Huh... political songs are difficult to write and I can feel that in this song, like you had a little rough spots and tried to fill the holes with cliche + negative feelings that man exude about the government. What kind of a song is it? I can tell that the lyrics hold a lot more meaning to them than most songs, but I don't agree with such negativity. That's taste though, the fact is that this song is well written. I especially like your rhyme scheme as it flows nicely. Also, you refer to yourself as "we are the contradiction". We makes it sound like you're connected to some coll movement, but are you? And why "contradiction? Try to incorporate a little more truth and a little less feeling into this song. It will sound alot better and appeal to more people's tastes.

Overall, it's well written. You succumed to cliches in a few parts, so just try and tweak those out and this will improve alot. 7/10.

Also, please crit mine Escape Route

I guess I used the term contradiction differently than most.

I used it in a term of like 'we' as in the people of America, and the contradiction being we are what the government isn't- leaders.

And yea, I know it's kind of negative, but in these times of war it kind of feels like our 'leaders' have abandoned us and are keeping this war going just because they want to.

Britain is pulling their troops out of Iraq, as are some other countries, and we're keeping ours in. Why? Not sure.

I just get a vibe of this war being a fight over nothing.