I've been playing guitar since I was 12 (now I'm 48) and I've heard a whole lotta
guitar riffs through the years. Still, one time or another there comes along a riff to beat all riffs and I think this is the one. He's the guitar player (or was) for one of the best known names in the music business and I'll come back and share that name with you in short order along with the name of the guitarist (though someone here may well guess who it is before I post it). Give it a listen and see what you think ...

Best Tone for a Guitar Riff

here's the link if the one above doesn't open

http://s2.quicksharing.com/v/9112851/AudioTrack_06.mp3.html
steve vai kinda tone i guess? if im wrong dont post some gay stuff aboout me, im not really a vai fan.
Quote by benenov
love is when a girl can fit both my balls in her mouth.
sounds like david gilmour, but its certainly not the best ive ever heard. There is no BEST in music i think. But yea, that was an excellent guitar tone, i wish I had that tone
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

i think the best tone has to be Johnsons (before Bloom). The tone on Venus Isle and Ah Via Musicom is amazing, ecspecially his clean
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
The guitar player is Hadley Hockensmith, lead guitarist for Neil Diamond. He doesn't overpower the songs he plays, he makes them sound better.
i really like the tone.. but iv heard better.. probably its personal preference.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots