Page 1 of 2
Ok, long story short, I just turned 18 three months ago, and this girl I'm seeing turned 16 about two months ago, putting us at around two years apart. Her parents have no problem with this, and we obviously don't. She's very mature for her age; I always thought she was older. She's in classes that aren't normally given at her level and she just acts and looks older. Anyway, despite my parents being almost exactly two years apart, they have quite a problem with this. As do some other people I know. My dad was like, "Why don't you date someone your own age?" and I answered that everyone in my class really pisses me off, and her and I are just basically meant for each other. I can't believe I even found her in the first place, you know? the perfect person.

Anyway, is there a problem with this? her parents are completely cool with it, but mine are leery, as are a few of my friends. I don't really give a shit what people my age think (her sister's boyfriend called me a cradle-robber and I thought that was hilarious), but if I'm overlooking some major ethical problem, what is it? is anyone else in a case like this?
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
nah that seems fine, if her parents are cool then is cool....are you sure your father
isnt saying "way to go son" when your mom isnt there?
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
i ****ed a lady 42 years my senior.........im 19........

she was an old hippy and she still had a figure, good stuff

so by me its more than ok, your nearly the same age, ya no?
You're 18 and you think you've found "the one"? ha ha ha. Yeah, good luck with that man...

2 years at that age is borderline statutory. It's your call.
Quote by madbass518
rbmason speaks the truth
Quote by guitarfreak042
i said it was the greatest movie of all time not the greatest comedy of all time......idiot....

Epi Les Paul
Epi Goth G400 Extreme
Crate GLX212
i went out with girls 5 years older which was more of a problem because they can manipulate you being a lot more mature and experienced etc. but 2 years ahead is the average, and as long as you dont get her pregnant no worries.
gracias. I'm not concerned with what they say, but I have this lovely knack for overlooking really important stuff (such as hard-ingrained ethical issues, and the occasional odd sound coming from my car engine ) and felt like maybe I was. But if I was, I still wouldn't care. I just wanted to know. yeah my dad's somewhat cool about it, but with more of a "be careful" attitude. my mom does NOT like it, but 'tis not important. but yeah, I guess nothing seems to be wrong so I guess I'm good.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
My sisters in 11th grade, and her boyfriend graduated high school a year ago.
They've been together for about 17 months now, theres nothing wrong with an age gap of a few years, absolutely nothing.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Dude, when you're twenty-five and she's twenty-three, do you think you'll care?

(That's similar to what my friend said to me when I was thirteen dating a 15-year-old gal; just thought I'd pass on the friendly half-ass advice)
Yeah dude my sister is 17 and her boyfriend is 21 and they have absolutly no problems. Your situation is perfectly normal.
and as for statutory, I completely understand all that and won't do anything stupid. And she understands it too, which is good. Telling my parents to **** off is easy, telling 8436014860 seniors is easy for me but it'd be a bit rough for her. I'm not exactly everyone's favorite guy because I couldn't care less, but she has some sort of social integration that would hit a bit hard.

And as for "the one", I thought of it more as "a one". If it's for keeps, so be it, if not, it's a shame, but it wasn't meant to be.
Hmm...when i was in year 12, 2 year 12's were fighting over a year 7

Age of year 12's - 18

Age of year 7 = 12-13

Was funny in a sick kinda way, when the police got involved.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
considering in places like pakistan and india, with aranged mariiges, you have 40 year old guys being married to 18 year old girls

2 years is perfectly acceptable, my parents are 2 years apart.
Thats nothing, even around that age its totally fine.
The only thing that would usually put you off is the younger one's maturity, but you don't seem to have that problem so it sounds good to me.

My girlfriend is 25 (im 20 )
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
That's a fine age gap, I don't see any problem with it. My cousin is eighteen and going out with a twenty six year old, and while it's a bit off I suppose when both people are at an age where they can make their own judgements and are mature, not much wrong with it.

Besides, my mom was sixteen and my father twenty one they first got together.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
TWO years? Jesus. That means when you were 2 she WASN'T EVEN BORN! This is DISGUSTING, I mean geez, 2 years, That's just... wrong. Unheard of. Dump her immediately, move to the mountains of Eastern Europe and become a traveling monk, selling yourself to rehabilitation, your life becoming nothing but a wordless routine of meditation and self-discipline.
To even THINK of starting a relationship with someone 2 years younger than you means you have a dirty, dirty, dirty mind.

Or, perhaps, there's a slim chance that I'm joking.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by rorythefaggot
TWO years? Jesus. That means when you were 2 she WASN'T EVEN BORN! This is DISGUSTING, I mean geez, 2 years, That's just... wrong. Unheard of. Dump her immediately, move to the mountains of Eastern Europe and become a traveling monk, selling yourself to rehabilitation, your life becoming nothing but a wordless routine of meditation and self-discipline.
To even THINK of starting a relationship with someone 2 years younger than you means you have a dirty, dirty, dirty mind.

Looking at your username, location, signature etc. i'm pretty sure you're deadly serious
Quote by rorythefaggot

That would've been funny, but you tried way too hard.
I think your parents are more concerned with the fact that she's your sister.
My roomie's parents are 10 years apart, there's nothin wrong with 2 years apart.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
cradle robber!!!!

just kidding...

i was pretty much the same age as you when i met my girlfriend. i was 12th grade, she was 10th. almost 2 1/2 yrs age difference. we have been together now for.... 3 yrs and 2 months.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
2 years = Fine
3 years = Dodgy
4 years = Peado
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
yeah 2 years is fine. My parents, before they got divorced, were nine years apart.

Also last year I just turned 15 and my exgirlfriend was just turning 17 so it's perfectly normal.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Wow, I'm seeing a lot of guys who were younger than their girlfriends.
I dont think its bad, you just dont see that too often.

I'm a little over two years older than my girlfriend.

If it works for you, who cares

My aunt and uncle are four years apart and have been together since his senior year in college/her senior year in highschool.

If it works, then it works.
No problem in my book.
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
^ agreed.

hey, i'm from around pittsburgh. about an hr and 10 mins away, im a little past washington county.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
it's legal
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Dude, if you really like her, you won't care what your parents say. From what it sounds, you really like her. So, you shouldn't give a shit what your parents say, especially since they are 2 years apart themselves.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by mountaindew88
her and I are just basically meant for each other.

you shouldn't of told your parents that, it makes you look like a dumb kid, and im not calling a dumb kid, just that could be their perspective.

peace
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
I don't get it either. My girlfriends parents are really tight too. Shes a year younger and they just cant see it, even tho theyre 5 years apart! WTF!?
But it doesnt stop us, hehe.
im 16 in 1 and a half months.....my GF is 14 in 2 and a half months.....we have been together for a year and a bit now ..... and dude i got some real bad shit because of the age difference at school.....and yeah i let some of it really get to me but at the end of the day if you think she is worth it then its perfectly ok.....i mean most people have some kind of age gap anyway....and its usually about 2 years or more
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Thats weird man, I would expect it to be the other way around; your parents not really caring and her parents not being okay with it.

Still, two years is nothing.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Page 1 of 2