Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

im gonna start lifting weights every other day so i was just wondering who actually does
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
well thats the thing with me, im in good shape cause im playing soccer right now, but i want to be bigger. i have a lot of muscle in my legs, and not much in my upper body or arms so i wanna make that happen
Lunatics on pogo sticks
i try to but sometimes i slack off...i have baseball 6 times a week now though so that helps.
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
not old enough

it screws up your body if you lift weights and stuff before your 17
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
just about every guy in my class does it (im a sophmore in high school) and it doesnt "screw" any of them up, thats just if you over do it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Not regularly...some weeks i'll be all into it and work out crazy every other day. and then other times i'll slack off and do nothing for days.
I work out a lot. I can run 2.5 miles and I bench 205 max
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
almost every day when i have time. i did today, yesterday, the day before, but not the day before that. don't remember why. but if u go once a week, there's barely a point. it's like losing weight. not only do u have to put muscle on, but u have to work to keep it on. u will never be fit for life. it's constant work. don't slack off.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by myself101
not old enough

That was scientifically proven to be untrue
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
I do workout 3 times a week at a gym but I'm thinking of going there more often... I heard it was bad to do it every day and that I needed a day of rest between every day of training (minimum) ... is it true??? (I'm turning 16 soon but I'm not skinny... 6'2" 230pounds)
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by beastiebeatles
That was scientifically proven to be untrue

nah it stunts your growth and other stuff
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
^ya it is
Lunatics on pogo sticks
yeah. roughly everyday, or atleast every other day. I play hockey and I do pilates.

edit:
Quote by hurlyz
I do workout 3 times a week at a gym but I'm thinking of going there more often... I heard it was bad to do it every day and that I needed a day of rest between every day of training (minimum) ... is it true??? (I'm turning 16 soon but I'm not skinny... 6'2" 230pounds)

You need to rest the muscles that you workout. So usually people do a day of arms and back type of workout, and the next day they do legs, so they work out everyday. So, if you're working out your arms monday, dont do them tuesday, because you're ripping the muscle, and it needs time to heal, therefore it needs rest. So you would do arms monday, wed, friday, sunday. and then legs tues, thurs, sat. and abs can be done every day.
Last edited by _testament_ at Feb 25, 2007,
Quote by myself101
nah it stunts your growth and other stuff

no it doesnt. i even asked my doctor about it and he said as long as i can do 3 reps of w/e im lifting its fine.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by myself101
not old enough

bull sh1t. I'm 15. been lifting since i was 14. i'm in really good shape. it's only bad if you don't know what ur doing. my mom is a personal trainer at a gym, so she always told me how to work out safely. and i like it a lot because i was really small, short and skinny. not i'm a bit bigger and can kick most of the kids asses who are half a foot taller than me. which is always nice
but that's not really why i lift weights. just a perk
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
no it doesnt. i even asked my doctor about it and he said as long as i can do 3 reps of w/e im lifting its fine.

yes, it does

i can do some damage
<//////>~
not right now

but i will once it hits baseball season at my school....
because we will go into the weight room
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by myself101
yes, it does

i can do some damage

It can only do damage if you're over straining the muscle. If the person is doing light weights and building up their muscle then it is actually really safe. Younger teens should be using less than 10 to start, and over a few weeks begin using heavier depending on what their goal is. For me, being a girl, i lift 10 pounds and do 3 sets of 15 reps. This is good for me, because it just tones the muscle, it won't bulk me up. If you want to tone the muscle lift less weight and do more reps, and if you want big bulky muscles, lift heavier amounts.
Quote by _testament_
It can only do damage if you're over straining the muscle. If the person is doing light weights and building up their muscle then it is actually really safe. Younger teens should be using less than 10 to start, and over a few weeks begin using heavier depending on what their goal is. For me, being a girl, i lift 10 pounds and do 3 sets of 15 reps. This is good for me, because it just tones the muscle, it won't bulk me up. If you want to tone the muscle lift less weight and do more reps, and if you want big bulky muscles, lift heavier amounts.

ok

its just my health teacher said if start lifting weights straight away its baaaaad

and ive also heard it can stunt your growth from other reliable sources
<//////>~
nah myself101 is correct. i heard.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
^ahahha, okay if you think that then don't lift weights :S

^^x2it really depends on how old you are. I started when i was 13 and im fine. You just need to understand that it's not how much you lift, its the repetitions you do. For instance, lifting 100 pounds once, and then that's it, isnt good for your muscles because you're just damaging it. You're supposed to lift the amount that is heavy enough for it to be tough/challenging, but not so much that you're hurting yourself if you get what i mean?
Last edited by _testament_ at Feb 25, 2007,
hmm. i've always heard you can lift once ur around 14 or 15, but who cares. my health is fine, so I won't stop. but to each their own. i don't feel like getting into a stupid argument.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
Quote by PieceOfMind666
hmm. i've always heard you can lift once ur around 14 or 15, but who cares. my health is fine, so I won't stop. but to each their own. i don't feel like getting into a stupid argument.

you probably have AIDS and you dont know it
<//////>~
Nah...I always plan,but never actually got serious bout it.I used to do push ups,then later I stopped
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I lift weights for about a half hour 5 days a week and do jiujitsu for a few hours at least 2 days a week.
Hi, I'm Peter
here's what I do:

I do 3x 15reps at a certain weight

on the 3rd shot, if I can lift:
under 12reps : it's too heavy, lower the weight
12-16reps : that's just fine!
17 and + reps: not enough weight, put more!

that's what ive been told from my gym trainer so I guess it's right.. and it works ok for me!
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by myself101
you probably have AIDS and you dont know it

hmmmm... well i did get raped that one time...
nahh. all I got from that guy was herpes and a bumfull o' cumm! mmm mm mm, toasty.

don't juge me...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567