let's say...this is kinda a pointless question...
ur asking whether a $259 behringer cab stands a chance against a $700 marshall 1960 cab?

if u still dont know the answer...its the marshall...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The marshall BUT for the price the behringer is actually pretty good and those Jensen speakers handle vintage tones quite well.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by hendriko
let's say...this is kinda a pointless question...
ur asking whether a $259 behringer cab stands a chance against a $700 marshall 1960 cab?

if u still dont know the answer...its the marshall...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
SERIOUSLY WHAT HE SAID

and this might not be such a problem with the cabs, but behring amps have a reputation for being poorly built, and breaking frequently, so I would guess the construction quality of the cab would be on the low side as well

But aside from whoe's making the cab the marshall has the celestions G12's, and since you probably don't know, celestion is one of the big name speaker makers [eminence is another] and they G12's will give you that classic tone.
http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/products/classic/detail.asp?ID=5
Are you ****in kidd...nevermind. I wont be an ass.

But if youre serious...then try using the search function up top. Youll be amazed Im sure.
Genz Benz GFLEX

Nah i keed, um Marshall out of those 2 if you got the money. But....what head are you using?
" The Bullet Special Edition has about 22 medium frets. Squier keeps it simple with the single coil humbucker...... Unfortunately it doesn't have switchable distortion."

Found on a UG REVIEW
If I get the marshall, I'll probably try to aim for a Peavey Valveking head for around $500. Or are there any better deals for mixing?
look used on ebay, someone will suggest you some to look for, cuz i dont know shit about death metal
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
Quote by Plagued
I know. Now I need a good Death Metal head in the $500 range.

Peavey 5150.
yeah, save up a little more, and grab a used 5150 off ebay.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
for cabs i strongly think the more money you spend on it, the better quality and sound you will get out of it, so by that despite it being a behringer cab vs a ****ing marshall, the marshall is much much better
but... i take that back because if your playing death metal your gonna want the behringer because youll want shittier sound and marshall doesnt deserve that crap going through it. :0
The Valveking is not a metal amp, you'd be better of with a B-52. Having said that I agree with the others, 2nd hand is the way to go.

And if I were you I'd worry more about the head than the cab, the head will effect the sound a lot more than the cab will. I'm presuming you have $1,200 all up yeah? I mean you're looking at a $700 cab and looking to spend $500 on a head if that is the case then you shouldn't have any problem at all finding a 5150 stack on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5150-Peavey-half-stack-Eddie-Van-Halen_W0QQitemZ270092188324QQihZ017QQcategoryZ38076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or maybe

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-5150-Amp-Head_W0QQitemZ250088195239QQihZ015QQcategoryZ38076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
with
http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-5150-4x12-speaker-cabinet-USED_W0QQitemZ250088444046QQihZ015QQcategoryZ38076QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now these are buy out prices, if you bid on some you may get it even cheaper.
Thing is. Shipping will be a bitch and I need one that's available to Canada.
marshall.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Valveking all the way.

There is a reason all the owner reviews rate it so highly, as well as how they can't keep them in stock in local shops.

The view here on Valvekings is, what would you say, not very well informed.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
Quote by ParryPerson
Valveking all the way.

There is a reason all the owner reviews rate it so highly, as well as how they can't keep them in stock in local shops.

The view here on Valvekings is, what would you say, not very well informed.

Your saying a ValveKing cab is bettter than a 5150 one?
I WOULD NOT GET THAT MARSHALL CAB IF YOU LIKE DEATH METAL that has the G12's in it like i said, for metal you probably want the Celestion Vintage 30's, not saying the G12's are bad, just they aren't designed around metal

Check this http://professional.celestion.com/guitar/features/tone/index.asp and then look for quality cab with the proper speakers

Im not saying 'buy celestion' im saying if your gonna get good speakers here is a place to start

Marshall. Its the industry standard and excels in every kind of music. If you want good quality and tone go for the 1960A.
Everything is going back and forth. Which one is better for metal? 5150 cab or 1960A?
5150 CAB!!

The Peavy 5150 is the standard for anything high gain, even though the Marshall rocks its better for other kinds of music.
Quote by Chinomaster182
5150 CAB!!

The Peavy 5150 is the standard for anything high gain, even though the Marshall rocks its better for other kinds of music.

Dude its a CAB. Not the HEAD. The 5150 HEAD is best for anything high gain. The Marshall still beats out the 5150 cab even for that kind of music.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I was told by a few people that the Sheffields in the 5150 were voiced with an emphasis on mids, but I've never played one personally. xxgenocide98xx has a couple though, and all he plays is metal. I would PM him, he might be able to help with your decision. I know the 1960A has G12T-75's though, which are very popular for downtuned metal.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids