Page 1 of 2
This guy is so genius. Discuss.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride... And we... kill those people.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
> All
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Just got one of his DVD's, 'Sane Man' yesterday. It was fantastic, especially the rock/Hendrix stuff.
Is he the Authority Zero guy? If so, then yes, he is a genius. He was one of my first guitar heros, when I was learning to play.
"Freebird, mantra of the moron". He was definetley, especially when he'd go nuts on the audience. He was actually close friends with the band Tool.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Last edited by Brandon860 at Feb 25, 2007,
I only got my first taste of Bill Hicks just recently, watching the dvd of Sane Man. He truely is comedic genius, and now I just want more.
Bill could be the reason I love Aenima so much... *stares at avatar*
Electrolytes Smell Like Semen...
bill hicks.

Probably my favorite stand up.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
he was human... his smoking addiction showed how idiotic he was in some respects, or maybe only how he just didn't give a damn
(edit: he made fun of non-smokers, saying that it's better than drinking, that non-smokers die every day, and that he hopes that he wouldn't come back in 5 years having to speak through a device for larynx cancer.... he died within the 5 years of pancreas cancer, a side effect of his addiction)

absolute genius
Pretty good. Some stuff is better than others. Stuff about "all your musicians being on drugs" that they put on Aenima was unoriginal and boring. Some stuff was really good though. Anecdote about waitress in a waffle bar was genius. Same with the unforgiving christians who confronted him after a show.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Anecdote about waitress in a waffle bar was genius.

That the one where she asked him why he was reading?
Absolute legend!
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
My favourite stand-up comedian. I've only just recently discovered him but he is absolutely brilliant.

In the same vein, if you guys like Hicks then check out a stand-up guy called Doug Stanhope. He's also astonishingly funny and presents his ideas and humour in a very similar way to how Hicks did.
If he smoked less then maybe he wouldnt have died when he was 32, but he inspired so many new comedians (or they just ripped him off).
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
"Where are the Sex Kittens? Two guys makes these movies. One films his hairy ass, and the other has a wah-wah pedal and comes up with titles."

I have a majority of "Dangerous". I just recently got into him. Once I saw pictures, I knew who he was, but I had never heard his material.

I love this guy. It's a shame he died, though....
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
He is incredible - very intelligent and a great stand up comedian. I only have Rant In E-Minor but I want to get Arizona Bay ASAP.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
i don't really like him. never did. he's too cynical and angry. it's like listening to meths talk.

i do like denis leary though. say what you will about taking his material, but no cure for cancer actually makes me laugh.
#DTWD
My favorite comedian of all time.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Hicks = Legend.

One of my favourite quotes has got to be:

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."
I'm a self confessed Hicks obsessive. I just love how he managed to make you laugh out loud... and then go "Wait... he's serious!"

He really is an inspiration to me. And... **** Leary. Seriously.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by primusfan
i don't really like him. never did. he's too cynical and angry. it's like listening to meths talk.

Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Why is Denis Leary famous?

Because there's No Cure For Cancer.

I hope someone gets that...

Bill Hicks is a legend. he and carlin are my favorites.
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
More than just a comedian but probably THE voice that needed to be heard and still needs to be heard even after his death. By far the greatest comedian of all time and that is the 100% truth.

"Doesn't Rush Limbaugh remind you of one of those gay guys who likes to lay in a tub while other men pee on him?"
Comfort the Disturbed, Disturb the Comfortable
Quote by Meths

Oh, so Meths is a person...I thought primusfan meant that Bill Hicks was like methamphetamines in human form.
I hate Bill Hicks.

It's just like watchin a political rant, with mild comedy from time to time. I don't get why he's a legend, maybe it's just cos he died.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
What I've come to realize is that people who claim to hate Bill Hicks are the one's who do not understand what he is talking about and would probably be more entertained by an idiot like Dane Cook.
Comfort the Disturbed, Disturb the Comfortable
Quote by RockOut2TheMoon
Why is Denis Leary famous?

Because there's No Cure For Cancer.

I hope someone gets that...

Bill Hicks is a legend. he and carlin are my favorites.

har har har ...

denis leary is famous because he's not a total angry douchebag. he is, but not to the extent of alienating normal people. bill hicks was just crazy. bill hicks' whole career reminds me of the end of lenny bruce's (and the current state of george carlin's). a washed up has been hell-bent on paranoia and preaching his psycho-babble bullshit rather than actually saying anything funny. you can be thought-provoking AND funny. carlin used to be. david cross is. bill hicks isn't. he's just a disgruntled pathetic loser.
#DTWD
Quote by KingofSpirits
What I've come to realize is that people who claim to hate Bill Hicks are the one's who do not understand what he is talking about and would probably be more entertained by an idiot like Dane Cook.

Leave Dane Cook out of this.

Call me ignorant but I think I might have heard of Bill Hicks once in my life, and I don't think I'd bother listening to his stuff.
Quote by Brandon860
"Freebird, mantra of the moron". He was definetley, especially when he'd go nuts on the audience. He was actually close friends with the band Tool.

he was also close friends with eric johnson aswell
NO ONES GONNA TAKE ME ALIVE
THE TIME HAS COME TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT
Quote by exitmusic
he was also close friends with eric johnson aswell

he was friends with people who made good, honest, true music
man Bill Hicks is a legend
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Page 1 of 2