So.. I'm building my first guitar, it has a really simple wiring schematic.

Should be something like this...
http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/1hum_1vol.html

I'm using all the same parts mentioned in that diagram... 500k potentiometer, SH4 JB seymour duncan pickup, monojack.

Three questions-- first, what kind of wire do I use to connect the jack to the potentiometer, and which brand is best?

Second, does the diagram suggest that I bend one of the three metal parts, which are a part of the potentiometer, back onto the bottom of the potentiometer and solder it?

Finally- is the SH4 JB a single conductor humbucker?
22 gauge insulated multi-strand wire should be exactly what you're looking for
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by forsaknazrael
Haha. Much better answer than mine, thanks random.

"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Where'd Jimmy Page go The Random Hero? (At least I think it was Jimmy Page, or was it Slash?)

Jesusofthearbys: What kinda guitar are you building? You can't say you're building a guitar and not say what kind, and have no photos in here?
Don't you know we're all guitar pervs who need our daily dose of guitar pr0n?
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Where'd Jimmy Page go The Random Hero? (At least I think it was Jimmy Page, or was it Slash?)

It was the stock Pantera one
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Jesusofthearbys: What kinda guitar are you building? You can't say you're building a guitar and not say what kind, and have no photos in here?
Don't you know we're all guitar pervs who need our daily dose of guitar pr0n?

Don't worry... I'll get your photos up once I have all the stuff.. I'm still waiting for the pickup to come. Stewmac sent me really beat up pickguard material so I have to send it back. Also, the guy I bought the wood from hasn't got it to us yet (which has taken like a month.)

THANK YOU everyone.

EDIT: One last thing... are those green and white wires supposed to be soldered on the back of the potentiometer?
Last edited by jesusofthearbys at Feb 25, 2007,
Which wires
bare and green are grounded.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!