I am not a newbie... but just have to ask....

What is the difference between bending upwards and downwards?

Its amazingly easier to do it upwards and difficult to bend upwards with almost no difference in the sound....

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Well, it depends what other strings you need to play, or if you need to bend it both ways to get a certain sound. Otherwise they sound the same.
it just depends on the situation, sometimes its easier to bend downwards, just do whatevers easier. it should sound exactly the same either way.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
I usually bend downwards when Im doing 2 string bends. Other than that, it is upwards.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Whenever you can bend, bend upwards (towards the ceiling), it's harder, and it builds your muscles
is it just me cause when i bend upwards and downwards they really sound different??

anyways remember when bending, dont use only 1 finger. i usually use 3 fingers but sometimes 2 to add more power when bending. it shoudnt be that hard
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

it depends on where your fingers end up at... upwards maybe flatter than downwards for example
i bend to the floor, i dont find a differences in the sounds personally

Good luck playing 2 1/2 step bends on the top 3 strings, or unison bends. Bending up gives you more control, but more importantly you tend to follow a bend with a higher note. If you bend downwards then move to the next string up you'll be muting the string with your bending finger. Obviously bend downwards on the bottom 2 strings because you don't have enough fretboard to bend up, but bending upwards is generally more useful. If you can only bend downwards you'll have problems with a lot of stuff.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com