Hey Im new to the forums and my name is Matt, Ive owned plenty of guitars but theres a question or something i need help with.

MY newest one is a Jackson RR3 Flyin V. Now the problem being the strings arent as loose as i would like, bending wise, now only on this guitar have i had this tight string problem using the same as always GHS Boomer 11s. any help or advice would be appriciated. Also any tips to make it just better for shredding, maybe spring tension, bridge height, etc, thanks a bunch. I have not messed with this guitar much, it has a floyd rose.
i read somewhere stirng tension can depend upon the scale length of the guitar and maybe ur guitar is shorter, could be a small factor though
Quote by SordidX
Hey Im new to the forums and my name is Matt, Ive owned plenty of guitars but theres a question or something i need help with.

MY newest one is a Jackson RR3 Flyin V. Now the problem being the strings arent as loose as i would like, bending wise, now only on this guitar have i had this tight string problem using the same as always GHS Boomer 11s. any help or advice would be appriciated. Also any tips to make it just better for shredding, maybe spring tension, bridge height, etc, thanks a bunch. I have not messed with this guitar much, it has a floyd rose.

.11s are a bad choice for a Floyd Rose. Use .09s, or possibly super-light .08s. You also might want to tune down half a step.