Today Kenny Wayne Shepherd was at my school (University of Southern California) holding a guitar clinic and screening his new blues documentary. Anyways, the clinic was kind of weak since he didn't perform, just did Q&A for an hour but there were only about 30 people total in the room so it was cool. I was sitting up front so as we were all getting read to leave the room to go watch the movie I turned to KWS and asked him if I brought my guitar (which was in my dormroom not too far away) would he sign it. Later, they showed his documentary which was quite good. Finally, I went and got my strat which looks surprisingly a lot like his except in better condition and had him sign it. Others were getting CDs signed but I said who needs a stinkin CD when you got a strat haha. I don't have a digital camera so I can't post pics but wanted to tell you guys about this. Any of you guys fans of KWS? Personally, I haven't heard much about him until about a week ago.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Lucky ****ing bastard. I love Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Ive seen him in concert like 3 times.

EDIT: You should see him in concert. He is doing a tour and will be in your area in late march. Check his myspace for specific dates.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Last edited by SGstriker at Feb 25, 2007,
Quote by kanamvar32
Today Kenny Wayne Shepherd was at my school (University of Southern California) holding a guitar clinic and screening his new blues documentary. Anyways, the clinic was kind of weak since he didn't perform, just did Q&A for an hour but there were only about 30 people total in the room so it was cool. I was sitting up front so as we were all getting read to leave the room to go watch the movie I turned to KWS and asked him if I brought my guitar (which was in my dormroom not too far away) would he sign it. Later, they showed his documentary which was quite good. Finally, I went and got my strat which looks surprisingly a lot like his except in better condition and had him sign it. Others were getting CDs signed but I said who needs a stinkin CD when you got a strat haha. I don't have a digital camera so I can't post pics but wanted to tell you guys about this. Any of you guys fans of KWS? Personally, I haven't heard much about him until about a week ago.

That's awesome man, how do you like that guitar? How much did you pay? I"m thinkin bout it
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
Quote by i(ncubus)play
That's awesome man, how do you like that guitar? How much did you pay? I"m thinkin bout it

I really like my strat. I like the neck since it isn't glossed like the american strats but I'd like the extra fret. Mine originally had fender vintage noiseless pickups but I didnt like them so I got a set of Stephens Design pickups which are well worth the price. Also, I didnt like the tortoiseshell pickguard so I bought a white pearloid one. The guitar originally was $600 w.o tax but I haggled it down to $550 w. tax for the guitar, hardcase, new pickguard, and the labor required to drill new hole into pickguard for the nifty s-1 like button, filing down the pickguard to fit better, and a mini set up. If I didn't haggle the price down I wouldn't have purchased the guitar. If you have a few hundred more go for a custom carvin bolt.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

yeah, that's a great score man, KWS is a kickass player. Too bad you didn't see him play, that would have been phenominal seeing him up close like that. vcool
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by SGstriker
Lucky ****ing bastard. I love Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Ive seen him in concert like 3 times.

EDIT: You should see him in concert. He is doing a tour and will be in your area in late march. Check his myspace for specific dates.

Who was with KWS in concert? He said he will be playing at the House of Blues, Sunset in march I believe so I may go see that. He will be with some of the other blues musicians featured in his documentary.
Gibson SG Special
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head

Quote by kanamvar32
Who was with KWS in concert? He said he will be playing at the House of Blues, Sunset in march I believe so I may go see that. He will be with some of the other blues musicians featured in his documentary.

When I saw him, it was just him. This was before he released the documentary though.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst