hi there. ill start ofwith my normal music taste - very origina blues metal(sabbath / acdc), and nwobh (maiden, priest). last night i was watching the music channels, and my chemical romace came on with 'welcome to the black parade'. i havnt liked them because they're emo, but im trying to drop my predujices. So, would you dsay ill like the album?
My Chemical Romance aren't emo, and never were.

For some examples of emo I nominate:

Saetia
Hot Cross (sometimes featuring some intricate dueling guitars, you may appreciate)
Four Hundred Years
Small Brown Bike
Moss Icon

I can track down some mp3s if you'd like.

As for MCR, if you liked it you might like the album, download some songs by them to get an idea, maybe? All I know is it's the song that's been on the radio for the past two weeks when my alarm clock goes off and that's kinda poisoned me to the band.
Did you not like MCR because they're "emo" or because you think they sound like shit? If you don't like them for how they sound, then that's not really prejudice... however, not liking them just for how they're labeled, is.

But to answer your question, if you liked the song "The Black Parade" then you'll like the album. Check their myspace if you want more of an idea.
Last edited by cloud041089 at Feb 25, 2007,
the new album is an eclectic mind f*ck of classic rock influences...its good i like it so thats the place to start
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
Yeah you'll probably dig it.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Honestly, one of the best albums I've ever heard.

Only just been knocked off the top spot for me by Justin Timberlake's new album and Kanye Wests' first. My music taste is odd.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by slowdescent2020
the new album is an eclectic mind f*ck of classic rock influences...

Unfortunately that belief is the only good part about the album
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Quote by xArCaDiAx
Unfortunately that belief is the only good part about the album

i wasn't going to tell him that, lol yeah i know what you mean i i went through the album and loved it for a week trying to figure out which classic rock song the ripped off the main riff or whatever...then it got old fast lol now i can't stand to listen to it
I got kicked off My University Server for a month for doing stuff i shouldn't be doing (my love for music out weighs my love for money). I won't be to active for a month.
youll like it. Check out WTTBP, Famous Last Words, House of Wolves...those are my faves. They are all fast but if you want the beauitful slow one, the song Cancer is for you.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
ill be honest - yeah i probaly didnt like them becayse their emo. but then some ppl told,me that my songs sounded emo - so i thought ill try to drop my predjudice against them. As for the cd, ive got someone from work to copy the album - so yeah. thansk for the responces though