Can anyone give me a link or show me all/most of the power chords? I know G , A , B and C, D, E....the most basic ones but I'm surprised to see that there are no lessons on power chords?
You dont need a lesson on power chords.
The closest thing to a lesson you can get is to find out exactly what a power chord is. Go look it up, i remember seeing a good definition on guitar.about.com
basically its a root note with some 1 or two other notes.
There are no lessons because they are the same thing.

G power chord up one fret becomes G#. Up one more fret it is A, etc.
well say if you want G# move it one fret up so it would be starting on the 4th fret? do that to everyone and you get all of the basic powerchords... i think thats what your getting at?

EDIT : ^ SNAP
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
There aren't any because it's very easy. Basically, using the bass strings, put your index on the string closer to you, then put your ring finger on the string directly below it, two frets up. That's a double-stop, basically a simple power chord. Just add your pinky or barre the string right below that next one to make a full power chord.

All assuming you're in standard tuning. If you're in D or C, then barre the bass strings. Real simple.

In tabs:

-
-
-

^example of an A Power Chord in tab.
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
well like G is frets 3 and 5, A is frets 5 and 7, B is frets 7 and 9 (all on bottom 3 or 2 strings)..I discovered that moving up 1 fret is also a different power chord...was just wondering if there was a page that showed all the correct chord names etc :T
Learn what each note on the fretboard is, the powercord is basicly what your index finger is fretting called the root...I think lol
Quote by burntfacedog
There are no lessons because they are the same thing.

G power chord up one fret becomes G#. Up one more fret it is A, etc.

There you go. I don't know how you could write a lesson on power chords..
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Quote by epiki
well like G is frets 3 and 5, A is frets 5 and 7, B is frets 7 and 9 (all on bottom 3 or 2 strings)..I discovered that moving up 1 fret is also a different power chord...was just wondering if there was a page that showed all the correct chord names etc :T

Ah double post.. Theres only one way to identifie a power chord, and thats what the root of it is.. The name on the 1st fret would be F .. 3rd would be G, 5th would start all over again from A BC D EF G
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
a power chord is when you have 2 of the same notes of different octaves and one different octave...
technichally its not a chord its an interval because you only have two differet notes .

E- -
b- -
g- -
d-3 = -F
a-3 -C
e-1 -F

normally you just play any note then one string over and two frets under barre the next two strings. This wont work if you are holding any notes on the B string
Quote by _3Lm0_
You dont need a lesson on power chords.
The closest thing to a lesson you can get is to find out exactly what a power chord is. Go look it up, i remember seeing a good definition on guitar.about.com
basically its a root note with some 1 or two other notes.

power chords have two notes. the root along with the fifth and ocatve.