Trying to get my mum to buy me tickets for the UK Converge tour, and she's getting pissy cause she say's they'll be too violent.

Now, I can see where she's coming from, as they're last London show involved the front row getting beat to fvck by people headstomping, and no doubt there'll be tons of fags throwing down some shitty ninja moves, but that can easily be avoided. Just how violent are their gigs, cause there's no way I'm missing this gig.

Also, aloud.com says the Electric ballroom gig is over 18's only, but I havent heard anything from any other sites. Anyone know about it? I'm 15 btw.
bah. if your not a little pussy youll be fine.
And if you find yourself in a bit of trouble, take a concrete pill and harden the **** up.

Its usually 18+ because of the alcohol.
I'm safe, I'm about 6' and pretty solid build, so I wouldn't have a problem.
yeah, well you should be fine i think.
btw, the older guys tend to be pretty squishy so dont be too scared of getting slammed by some big bloke. You can avoid people that are obviously dickheads as well without missing any fun.
bah. if your not a little pussy youll be fine.

Exactly, go and if it's violent and you get hurt, don't go again.
I am going with friends, but the point is, I need to convince my mum so she'll pay for it. I've been in plenty of pits but what with the tales of ultra-violence I've heard, I'm thinking is going to be hard to make her think that I'll be fine.
Tell her if she doesn't pay for it, you'll sell drugs or your body on the street until you can afford to buy tickets yourself.
Quote by treflip
I am going with friends, but the point is, I need to convince my mum so she'll pay for it. I've been in plenty of pits but what with the tales of ultra-violence I've heard, I'm thinking is going to be hard to make her think that I'll be fine.

Ah well, coverge a great live, so hopefully it'll all work our for ya.
I saw them last Saturday, here in DC. I'm like 6 foot and 200 pounds, So eh, kinda big. But the worst thing that happened to me was that i got punched in the throat. Ha, well i did eat some Chipolte before i went, and got nailed in the tummy a lot, so DON"T eat Chipolte before Hardcore shows. But the guys there are usually pretty nice and will help you out.
You'll be fine.

Just pay for it yourself and have a fun time.

"i'd give my soul to be where i was a year ago... if i had a soul left to give"
Converge used to be really violent, some people left the show bleeding and shit (I've been seein' them live since Petitioning came out), but they're not too bad anymore.
Converge is about as nuts as it gets but you should be alright.

I saw Glassjaw and This Is Hell in NYC a few months ago, and I'm 15 yrs old, about 5'9'' and I was okay.

Just hold your own, don't get pushed around and not push back.
Gear:
Washburn X10
Yamaha EG 112
Crate VTX30
Yamaha GA-10
Quote by treflip

, ultraviolence? That's something I'd expect from an Adicts show.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by treflip
Trying to get my mum to buy me tickets for the UK Converge tour, and she's getting pissy cause she say's they'll be too violent.

Now, I can see where she's coming from, as they're last London show involved the front row getting beat to fvck by people headstomping, and no doubt there'll be tons of fags throwing down some shitty ninja moves, but that can easily be avoided. Just how violent are their gigs, cause there's no way I'm missing this gig.

Also, aloud.com says the Electric ballroom gig is over 18's only, but I havent heard anything from any other sites. Anyone know about it? I'm 15 btw.

Converge shows are violent, good violent.
ahh the famous converge fight video.

There's nothing like the feeling of being cracked in the head by a bass.

EDIT: If it's a somewhat safe venue, just go for it. Tell her it's no big deal, lie about things. If you are buying tickets, I assume it's a big venue, which isn't normally going to cause many problems.
Last edited by Cedence at Feb 25, 2007,
if your seeing them with mastodon it shouldn't be 18+. i saw them with mastodon on 2/9 one hell of a show...worst thing that happened was someone got dropped onto cement crowd surfing and took out some 13 year old kid on the way down....then the kids bro grabbed the crowd surfers neck and tried choking him...me and a few others broke that one up pretty fast. but anyways, i'm not a converge fan but i must admit they have alot of energy going around in their shows...especially at small clubs like the Rex in Pittsburgh where i saw them.
I saw 'em with Mastodon in September. Some guys grabbed a fat guy in front and threw him over the baracade in front of the band. He got his head cut open. Their singer got pissed at the guys. I heard that the fat guy's mom was outside threatening to sue someone.
Quote by DeadxWillxRise
If your Mom makes the decision on wether you go to a show or not, then maybe you shouldn't go.

Agreed!

This sounds like it's your first "hardcore" show or something.

You'll be fine so long as you stand your ground, you're more likely to get hurt if you pussy out of it to be honest.
Quote by dead_kennedy
^ Seriously?! Jesus christ this is ridiculous.

Grow up
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)