Hey guys, I had no luck in other sections of the forum so I'm going to see if any of you can help me here. Among all the guitars I own my Jackson is my favorite, for looks and sound. But for some reason the string tension is incredibly high, to the point where even multi finger bends are difficult, or more than I would like them to be. I use heavy gauge strings Boomer 11s, but using the same strings on my strat I have never had a problem. It has a floyd rose tremelo if that has anything to do with it. Just lookin for tips on how to reduce the string tension. (2ndly this isnt really important) What would be the best way to drop my strings to the lowest possible point above the frets. Thanks -Matt
Is it a tension problem or an action problem? Disregarding scale lengths, the same gauge and brand strings should have the same tension.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
no, the strats are 25.5" aswell, LP's and SG's are 24.75", I can't think of anything smaller short of a 3/4 guitar.
Quote by JoNnHannah
I'm homeschooled because I got tired of the corporate conformist administration.

So I have a pretty crime free school, unless i decide to kill someone.

The Search [GP5] C4C
Quote by Diamond Dave
its probably to do with scale length, the rr3 would be 25.5" whereas the strat would be something like 21" i think, im not exactly sure but its definately less

Yeah, you're pretty much very wrong there. It might be a good idea to know what you're talking about before you post in the future to avoid posts like this.

The easiest way to decrease tension (if that is the problem here) is to detune a few steps. I play in D standard on my acoustic.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by TheDev01dOne
If you have a RR3 I guess you play metal?..

Tune it to drop A! That'll decrease your tension.

Also, he'd have to spend ages fucking with his Floyd Rose...
Lol thanks for all the help, I guess Im going to try sacrificing some tone and dropping my string gauge.
You can always just tune a step down. I normally play in D standard on my acoustic

*thought he already suggested this last night*