A few days ago me and one of my friends went to our local musicshop, and since like everybody on UG recommended the Roland Cube 30, i decided to try it out, but when i tried it i wasnt impressed, not at all, but then i tried a Line 6 III and it was awsome, and i have only been hearing bad stuff about the line 6. I didnt use any pedal or anything like that, just the distortion channels on the amps, why do everybody dislike the line 6?, just asking.

My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke
Never used one, but from what I've read they're digital sounding (so are the Roland's true) and not as sturdy as Roland.
even though my Line 6 is a Spider II it sounds aweful
its gonna be replaced wi' a Laney or Marshall tube soon!
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
The people on this forum just see "Line 6" and go into bash mode. Half of them probably don't even realise you're talking about the spider 3, a NEW amp...

Either way, I tried it once...It was OK. The crunch style models were pretty nice, as were the some of the distortions. All the effects kinda ruined stuff though. Overboard. The more insane distortion models lost all note definition too I found. For a beginner, I'd happily get one.

The worst thing I thought though, was the digital muddiness of it all. I kept looking for a presence or tone control to sharpen the sound some, it was so muddy. But for a bedroom player it'd be fine. (Not sure why a bedroom player needs a 150 watt stack like, though....)
Line 6 III could mean any third-gen Line 6...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^30 watts i think.........
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
to be honest, I think it's much of a muchness. EDIT: though I admit I've only tried the line 6 at bedroom volumes. a lot of people say the tone goes to crap once you turn it up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
because the Roland is one hell of a lot nicer than the line 6 spider- the spider sounds so digital- you wont notice it at first but once you've had it for a year or more you will start to want different sounds out of it and you will be getting major pissed off at it because of it's lack of warm tone
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
i got a spider III 30 and at first i was dissapointed with it and everyone on here was tellin me get a roland 30
i tried the roland and it wasnt as good as people said
i ended up keeping the spider and now i like it
if you mess with setting enough then you can get a great tone
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
I honestly don't think the Roland cube is that much better than the spider series. People just seem to have a vendetta against Line 6. TBH, both amp lines aren't too hot.
if you compare the spider III's to valve amps, then yeah, you'd probably go for the valve one based on tone. but if you don't have enough money for a valve amp, then imo the spider's a great option. if you're just using it for practice then you don't need great valve tone, plus it's got loads of effects on it. when i tried one it didnt seem half bad, so if you're more concerned with having an amp in the first place than what it sounds like theyre great imo
Quote by Yngwi3
because the Roland is one hell of a lot nicer than the line 6 spider- the spider sounds so digital- you wont notice it at first but once you've had it for a year or more you will start to want different sounds out of it and you will be getting major pissed off at it because of it's lack of warm tone

granted, but I wouldn't exactly say the cube has a really warm, organic tone either...

^ I disagree. if you have good tone at home, it'll make you practice more, which is a good thing, IMO.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im not looking for a 2000 $ valve amp, i just want a decent bedroom amp, my current Samick amp sounds alot worse than both the Line 6 and the Roland. But i dont know how they sound with pedals, and maybe then the Roland will sound better or am i wrong?
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
Then get a cheap valve combo, you could get a great practice amp without a 2000 dollar tab.

look at the Valve Junior, put an OD in front of it and you have a cheap good sounding valve amp
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by Dave_Mc
granted, but I wouldn't exactly say the cube has a really warm, organic tone either...

nope, but i also didn't say that, however, reading back i can see that i was very close to saying that it does and by my logic you could say that the Roland is just as bad, but shush :p

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
thats the problem... u are looking at line 6 spider's which are designed for beginners because it has presets that emulate other artist's sounds or songs. u need to look at the flextones because those are for the big boys.
Quote by igotabcrich32
Then get a cheap valve combo, you could get a great practice amp without a 2000 dollar tab.

look at the Valve Junior, put an OD in front of it and you have a cheap good sounding valve amp

true, but it'll only work for a small collection of tones (british classic rock, mainly), and will probably still be too loud for bedroom.

Quote by Yngwi3
nope, but i also didn't say that, however, reading back i can see that i was very close to saying that it does and by my logic you could say that the Roland is just as bad, but shush :p

yeah. I mean, the high gain on the spider did sound a bit digital... but then again, so does the cube.

I think the basic gist of the argument is (and I say this having not tried the valvetronixes) you aren't going to get an amazing modeller that'll do all tones perfectly for around £100, which the cube and spider are.

Granted, something like an MG is a lot worse, but at the end of the day, the cube/spider are comparitively better. It's not like if you buy one you'll never GAS over another amp... Far as I'm concerned, they're good for letting you see what tones you like, so that when you do decide to fork out for that monster amp, you at least have a bit of an idea of what tones you like.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I like my Cube 60 a lot. But it doesn't have that warm sounding clean that I enjoy. For now its good, but I'm saving up for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe to get those cleans. I like the distortions on the Cube 60 though.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??