I'm trying to find some infomation about gretch guitars for a family friend (her bother worked for them for 70years) anyway does anyone know how well they play, how they feel/sound? and whether their still being made (Are they owned by fender or someone now?)?

Thanks
Warwick Jazzman
Hartke 1415 140Watt
Boss Overdrive
Yes gretsch still make guitars, they are very expensive and real good quality although they have some nice lower budget options too, and they are owned by Fender now.

Gretsch have a sharp twangy sound generally, but the recent Pro Jet and Power Jets have had a warm woody tone more like a les paul too. As for playability - well the only gretsch i've actually played was an electromatic hollowbody, it felt very solid, the action was pretty hard but that improves the sound of them, still great playablity.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I love Gretsch guitars...
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Jack white has a gretsch
looks strange copper coated nice though
i have a new username
Jack whites guitar is not actually a gretsch. in a recent interview for a UK guitar magazine he said it was custom made for him by a friend and he just decided to put the gretsch badge on it
I want a falcon -_-.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by hazard13
Jack whites guitar is not actually a gretsch. in a recent interview for a UK guitar magazine he said it was custom made for him by a friend and he just decided to put the gretsch badge on it

Yeah, it's based on the Double Jet, so he called his the Triple Jet, added an extra pup with put an MXR boost in it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay