Hey wandering if anyone could help me out here.
Ive been playing guitar for about.... 5 years, on a £10 acoustic I got from a druggy ^_^. Ive got an epiphone sg aswell but I prefer playing my acoustic as thats all i use to practice with.

Anyhow Ive got a budget of about.... £250 and I've narrowed it down to these 2 guitars.

Takemine EG220 SC NS £250
http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=AG00273

Yamaha FG720 £180
http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=AG00232

The takemine is extremely comfortable and the playing flows but the sound could be a bit more full. This might just be because its been played by about 2 other people and it might need more time to 'break in'. Another pro is it being electro acoustic and the indent or whatever its called (im new to acoustics T_T) as I'll be recording or playing live every now and then.

The Yamaha has a really full sound and is very comfortable to play but the one ive tried is red (i prefer a natural colour) and it may have just been that guitar which sounds good as it is played by loads of people in the shop. Its not electro-acoustic and doesn't have the indent. Also i'm worried that the sound might deteriorate with time T_T.

If anybodys got any more suggestions for a guitar in the price range or maybe a bit higher which is better they are gladly accepted

Thanks ^_^
Have you tried an ovation? I happen to think they're good, but, the shell backing is a deterent to some. Although, they also don't have that standard acoustic tone. I don't know whether for you that would be good or bad though.

P.S. The indent is called a cutaway.
Quote by merfsullivan
Have you tried an ovation? I happen to think they're good, but, the shell backing is a deterent to some. Although, they also don't have that standard acoustic tone. I don't know whether for you that would be good or bad though.

P.S. The indent is called a cutaway.

+1.

Ovations are really comfortable and have elctronics.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
taks are crappy and weak sounding for that price in my exp. best way to find out man is go to the dam store and ask for every acoustic between £200 and £300 and play them all! you might be surprised by some lesser known brands
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
I tried an ovation but I didn't really like it. It was a bit too... twangy for me and it kept slipping off my knee :P I guess it better suits those who play stood up. I'm looking for a more full bodied, warmer sound if you know what I mean.