Preferrably jumbo frets... And a whammy bar... If none, please state. ANY IS FINE. looking for the cheapest! Thanks guys! (It's not for me, BTW, it's a gift for a beginner)
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
GRG170DX by ibanez
its great was my first guitar got a nice mapple neck and looks the part of the shredder. i got mine for £150
seriously recomend it
if you're intending to give it to a beginner, i suggest you stay away from floating bridges.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Quote by ~Andrea-Angel~
if you're intending to give it to a beginner, i suggest you stay away from floating bridges.

+1

i would stick to a solid bridge, floating trems are a bitch to tune and get used to, i almost mucked up my ibanez within 48 hours of owning it trying to tune it into drop C with .009 gauge strings
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
This is totally off the subject, and i'm sorry, becuase i must be retarded.....but how do you post new threads??!
if u go to the main page of a forum, there's a button at the top of the thread listings on the left
i bought yesterday a yamaha drop 6 for 160 quid sterling, which was a real steal. Guitar store was having a sale on stuff they couldnt get rid of. And that had floyd rose double locking tuners, and 24 frets. They are built for drop tuning..I got mine as a cheap alternative to a seven string, and im not sure what they cost new, but at 160 quid its extremely sweet.
Anything with 24 frets and a trem is fine... He alreaady has a fixed and SEVEN ACOUSTICS so those are out of the question. Oh yeah, he's a beginner at ELECTRIC GUITAR.
Don't waste your money on a 24 fret guitar, just use the harmonic there for the 24th fret (play a harmonic where the fret would be) as for the 23rd fret, I've never come across a single song that uses it. If I ever do need it, I just do a controlled articficial harmonic on the 11th fret an octave higher (play the 11th fret, and put your other hand where the 23rd fret would be)
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Go hardtail! Floating bridges are a pain, Ive had mine for a while and it still a pain in the ass to change strings.
the LTD is probably your best bet, there pretty good guitars.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by SG Man Forever
Don't waste your money on a 24 fret guitar, just use the harmonic there for the 24th fret (play a harmonic where the fret would be) as for the 23rd fret, I've never come across a single song that uses it. If I ever do need it, I just do a controlled articficial harmonic on the 11th fret an octave higher (play the 11th fret, and put your other hand where the 23rd fret would be)

No thanks. Yes, we both know what that is... thank you... The Timbre of a fretted note simply is so different... Besides, 24 fret guitars aren't really a waste. If you're playing Vivaldi's summer the 3rd movement like i do, no time to do harmonics in those fast minor scale runs, huh
Last edited by Kunundrum at Feb 27, 2007,
I suppose so, but like I said, I have never found a piece of music need ing the 23rd fret, and the 24th harmonic works fine for me.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
^Maybe he's thinking superstrats, which are different.
Threadstarter, a solid guitar would be an Ibanez RG321.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
^Maybe he's thinking superstrats, which are different.
Threadstarter, a solid guitar would be an Ibanez RG321.

i know what superstrats are. im not a n00b.

yeah RG321 ftw!
Quote by Arlabester
you think wrong.

He thinks right.

Google this shit:

Heavy Metal Strat.

Was made from the late 80s to early 90s. I have one in my basement right now.

You think wrong.

Also, no substitute can be made for a 24 fret guitar.

When you get to playing faster leads you simply can't just jump back and do a harmonic and get back to playing in the middle of the song. Its also helpful to have the 23rd etc frets when you're playing a part of a song in the incorrect tuning (ie its in Eb) but you still want it to be tonally correct so you play it lower a half (so the Eb would be played on the 23rd?)
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at Feb 27, 2007,
same. And i really need it for neo-classical stuff like caprice 1,-25 and the four seasons. And my friend's doing that kind of stuff (i'm also looking for a backup-backup guitar lol)
What's the general opinion about the Washburn X-series? Is it any good? I mean, how's the feel of the neck?