not really a n00b but this was the most fitting place i could say this

how do you close threads? i just want to know, that's all.

Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
I think you need to be a mod. If you don't want people to post in your thread though, just edit it and delete it.
You can't close a thread. Only a mod of the assigned forum, or any s-mod or admin, can close a thread. You can permanantly delete the thread by clicking on edit on the first post that YOU made to start the thread, and selecting to delete the post. If you do that, the thread is deleted. But sorry, you can't close threads.

EDIT:Beaten to it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
well how come 2 of mine got closed without me deleting it myself?
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Quote by South-of-Heaven
well how come 2 of mine got closed without me deleting it myself?

Because a mod closed it...
oh ok then lol
Quote by MightyAl

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Yeah, you can't close threads unless you're a moderator, you can delete your own threads (provided they haven't been closed) by clicking edit on your first post and deleting from there. If your threads have been closed it's probably because they're in the wrong place, are breaking some rule of the forum or are a duplicate of an already existing thread. You should read the rules of the forum you're in and use the site's search function (to look to see if the thread you're planning to make already exists) before you make a thread.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
You can permanantly delete the thread.

Actually, Users only soft-delete their threads. Moderators can still view and read the thread if its been deleted.
Been away, am back