So i was playing guitar last night...playing my strat copy. Its a decent copy, made almost to the same specs as a fender..anyway I was playing, and i realized that i really want a guitar with a thinner neck, better upper fret access, and a floating trem. of course, the RG1570 came to mind..I love the look of the RG2550E, but is there any real difference between the two? Or is it just cosmetic?

I would get an S470, but i hate the inlays on the new ones, ruined it in my opinion..i know its not a big deal there but wahts the point of buying a guitar if i dont like looking at it.

SO i was thinking the RG1570 would suit me, and last along time and be great and all.

I know its got the Edge Pro trem, which is better than the II and III, but how long should it last? A lifetime? A year? 2 years?

I dont rape the hell oout the trem, just use it for vibratos and a few dives, i would get more intense with a floating trem though..what else should i learn about the 1570?

Oh yeah..does anyone know if the 1570 came in silver at one time? Cause a guy i know has an Ibanez Prestige, But hes not sure of the model, but he said he paid 1700 (CAD), so im hoping its the 2570...so that the 1570 would be less, cause i know the 2570 comes in 'Vital Silver' but i dunno if the 1570 ever did..hes had the guitar for a few years now.

sorry if this post makes no sense at all
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Difference between the RG1570 and RG2550e are not too big. The pickups are front mounted on the 2550e and you have the sexy pickguard. Also you get Dimarzio / IBZ pickups which are crafted in Dimarzio land; do not get them confused with Duncan Designeds, these pickups are quite good.

As for the silver, don't know...

Have you played an RG before? The neck is a hate / love thing; flat as hell and wide!
i love the inlays on my S470 also i prefer the ZR bridge to the Edge
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Is yours the S with the wave inlays? Cause thats wha ti was gonna get, then 2007 rolled along and they put it to dots..which i find unattractive on the S models cause theya re big mother ****ing dots, the RG at least has tiny ones.

I played an RG321MH once...i ddint care for the neck at first, but i regret not testing it out more. ANyway, this guy has a prestige something rather, with an Edge Pro trem and junk, so im hoping he will let me try it out someday in music class, and if i find it orgasmic then ill start saving for a 1570
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

The 1570 only comes in the 2 mirage colours which is a shame too waste on a good guitar like that. But if I remember, when they made the lefty one in black, they did it on righty one too but wasn't an exclusive 1570 colour, so they left it out of the original description. You can still find them in black though.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Seems like the same sorta realisation I had

My Epiphone LP is truly a beautifully-playing guitar, no doubt, but after trying out my Squier a bit more extensively I've realised I hate everything about the LP apart from the playability, and even then that's just 'cause it's a good one.

So I'm selling the LP and getting a (Fender) Strat

I believe the RG2550E has better pickups than the RG1570, but that might be wrong. Other than that, the only real difference is the front-routed electronics instead of rear-routed.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
As for the Edge Pro, with the use you seem to give it, it's likely to last you a lifetime. Ibanez guitars with the original Edges still keep tune after over 10 years.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by LightningRider
The 1570 only comes in the 2 mirage colours which is a shame too waste on a good guitar like that.

Ibanez have released the Suede Black RG1570 which looks alright, but pretty fragile finish.

Quote by MrCarrot
I believe the RG2550E has better pickups than the RG1570, but that might be wrong. Other than that, the only real difference is the front-routed electronics instead of rear-routed.

It has MUCH better pickups. The pickups are equivalent to any other Dimarzio pickups.
for me, there is no argument between the 3 guitars except the trem. i like the zr better.

but then again, 24 frets, mirage finish especially the blue one (ow i love that finish) for the 1570..
for the 2550, 24 frets, love the pickguard, inlays and pickups..

maybe focus on the capabilities of your guitar. not the looks..

id say the S470..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Well if it plays like a dream but looks like a hunk of shit, im not going to buy it. im not doing that so people will say "wow that guy has a nice guitar" im doing it so I can say "wow, i have a nice guitar" The inlays on the new S470s make the entire guitar lose its appeal, and the one with no inlays is H/H, i want the H/S/H for some lighter stuff (though i dont really need it..my other two gutiar are good for that i guess) But still. I think the RG1570 will be what i want. Right now ive got a total of almost 700CAD, and around here whatever a price is in USD its almost double. an Ibanez SAS36FM costs almost 600 on Musicians Friend, and it was priced at 1100 with a hardshell case around here...so the 1570 will probably come up to like 1300

i think im getting riped..but i havent gotten any prices for sure yet..im just making a guess
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I've got an RG520QS from '99.
It's got similiar specs, just only 2 humbuckers, mahogany body (it's heavy as ****), a quilted top, and I upgraded the pickups to a DiMarzio X2N and Super Distortion.

The construction itself though, is exactly the same as the 1570. I've abused the hell out of that guitar since I bought it new in '99, I dive bomb the trem all the time (it's an original Edge, but the only different is locking trem posts. The difference isn't noticeable unless you've used FRs for a very long time), and I have yet to have any problems with it.
I have gone literally 3 weeks with constant playing without having to retune it.

The neck is extremely thin. I believe the thinnest you can find on the market, but it's fairly wide too. I like mine that way and I have average sized hands, but that's a preference issue. Some people claim that it feels like they're going to break it when they play on it, though it's not possible. That being said, I'd definately find an RG somewhere and pick it up, just so you can get a feel of the Wizard neck before you buy the 1570.
I've been on this site for a while, and that's the only real complaint I've heard about the guitar.
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
Last edited by †øXÍÇ͆¥ at Feb 25, 2007,
Cool. I plan to put a Super Distortion in the bridge if i get the guitar and junk...schmexy.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn