Im in A school band and the teacher said we can find songs to play but the thing is i dont know what to play. what i wanted is something with a goodd solo and stuff like that. stuff like hendrix rolling stones. and what kinda music will the people like? like the chavs?
the chavs are gonna hate you anyway:P what about some metallica? some songs that are not to heavy?
If you can't impress the pupils, play some decent music that would impress the teachers or something (and it would probably impress me too). Classic rock would be great, and the Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Clapton etc would be great places to start IMO.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
my only advice dont get so '1333337 m374L LOL!!!'

play something pretty.

clapton? eagles?
^ ah the Eagles of course! That would also be a great band to cover. They have so many well known songs, and the guitar parts are great too - and plentyful.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Sunshine of your love would probably be the sorta thing you're aiming for...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Yeah, do some eagles, or cream. Queen would be great if you can stick the singing. Hammer to fall is a great, easy song that you can easily lengthen for EVERYONE to have a sweet solo. If you can improvise. If not, go for some ACDC or something . If you can get the crowd up and pumped, they will worship you. I did Come Together by the Beatles, but it was remade to be a sortof a blues. The crowds worshipped me.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
How about sumthing like Eagles - Hotel California? I had to play that at school and it went ok. Or if u have alot of time to practice, most people would like sweet child o mine - GNR. Hope that helps
Try some glam anthems, I think songs like we're not gonna take it or Dr. Feelgood aren't necesserily considered rock by most people, my friends who listen to notrhing but rap like those kinds of songs.
Dickless.
Quote by Deaus
How about sumthing like Eagles - Hotel California? I had to play that at school and it went ok. Or if u have alot of time to practice, most people would like sweet child o mine - GNR. Hope that helps

I That song but the solos kinda outta my league!
Journey! Everyone loves Journey.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Play some Led Zeppelin, if its not to hard, like black dog, thats not that hard of a song, or as other people suggested play hotel california.
How about Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse. That's a real crowd pleaser for my band

Possibly the only B.C rich fan on UG
Forget the chavs, you'll never get them wiggers onside...your best bet is to try and play stuff for the people you have a chance of impressing - indie fans, scene kids and teachers. My suggestions would be

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Chelsea Dagger - Fratellis
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Highway to Hell - AC/DC
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Smoking in the Boys Room - Motley Crue

For anyone that doesn't know, these are typical chavs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uja3W-ibifc
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com