Hey,

I was wondering if anyone wanted to help me make a game with RPG Maker XP? It's free - the link is http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/RPG_XP/eng/download.html

The graphics suck ass, but you can add your own sprites and stuff pretty easily, and it's a VERY powerful program if you take your time, yet it's so easy to use.

I'm not gonna start going on about a plot or whatever here, but it anyone is interested, post here or add me on MSN. (seanhoughton2@hotmail.com)

If we get a majority of the game done quite fast we can set up a site and forum and release demos and such, that's what my friend used to do and his game was quite a big hit.

People Involved -
Me,
Marx P,
IbanezSA160,
TheUnholy,
gallagher2006,
abs_n91,
NovemberRain273,
superioddity,
Gnod,

WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING ANYONE ELSE - HOWEVER, IF YOU OFFER SKILLS SUCH AS WEB DESIGN OR STORY WRITING, PM ME!

Peace.

Sean
Last edited by BlackMist at Feb 25, 2007,
Well, the 30 day trial is free. I would give it a go but I run the superior operating system of OSX. Sorry bud.
A Seven Nation army couldn't hold me back.
No problem man.

By the way, if you want to get involved but don't want to do anything with the practical part, (i.e. you want to help write the plot, or create some sprites, or you're a web designer.) no worries, you can still join in. Anyone's welcome.

I'll replace the link in the first post with a different version I found which is free forever.
OK sounds good, thanks Marx.

I'll make a list of people who want to be involved in the first post so I can keep myself and others up to date.
I might be able to help, if i can learn how to use the program. I've done some programming before, but nothing big.

I'll say I'm up for it, and hope that I'll have time for it.
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
OK sounds good. If there's a prefered method of contact just PM me or something.
I have experience with RPG Maker 2000, I have a half-finished project laying about for it somewhere. I don't know how different XP is, and tbh because everything I've done so far is in RM2k I don't want to D/L it, but I'll PM you my MSN if you want, I'm good with writing and storylines, and also know the basic mechanics IF they're the same as RM2k? Could be a fun project

EDIT: I also have PhotoShop CS, and I'm half decent with it, so I can make background images, game over screens, start screens etc.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Well, XP is exactly the same as 2000 really, there's just some extra triggers and effects and such. The layout and everything is exactly the same really.
Welcome aboard
Quote by gallagher2006
What kind of RPG r u going for? If it's sorta FF orientated, I'd like to pitch Ideas n such.

Well we're not really sure yet, but I guess it will have elements of quite a few different RPG's, FF included. It'd be good to have someone who can give us some ideas.
I'll join. I could do stuff with web design (I used to do a lot of it)...but blogging's my thing now. If you want an official blog for news, updates etc I can run it no problem
How many people are you planning to enlist? It's cool how many are interested, but if you/we end up with 15 to 20 people all trying to be major contributors, it'll all be a bit pear shaped. You're probably going to have to look at delegating specific tasks to everyone (If so, like I said - I can handle storylines, images and basic RPG Maker programming, and am quite happy to do all of those or focus on one specifically, depending on what you want. You d'baws.)
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Okay, so to run the blog I need a few things...

-Firstly, a logo and description of the game
-Secondly, I need everyone to update me on what they've done for the week, and I will post weekly updates
-Thirdly, if anything new pops up that people need to know, I have to be one of the first to know so I can make sure everyone knows and no one is at risk
I used to do this kind of stuff all the time. Never really got that far though. I really wanna be a part of this.

Gimme a day or two to get familiar with the programming and I'll be good to go.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

Last edited by NovemberRain273 at Feb 25, 2007,
Why not.
I used to use RPG Maker a bit with a few of my mates, doing bits of web design at college and I'm reasonable at editing things in photoshop.
I'm in
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by gunner_011
wat song is it lol satriani??

Don't disgrace Satriani like that.
Hmm, I think it would be easier to contribute a few basic ideas in here - e.g. what era it is based in, characters, basic plot etc. Anyone can contribute.

Abs, what dimensions do you want for the logo?
I'm in. I'm doing some programming right now so this should be a blast.
Ok, welcome to the group Gnod.

I don't think we need anyone else right now, so thanks everyone for being entusiastic and wanting to be part of this project.

First things first - Everyone PM me your MSN, or just PM me with your email so I can contact you in someway. We need to start writing a plot and getting a blog/site/forum sorted out. (I can do the forum)

So, let's begin!
OK I added everyone on MSN who sent me their email, so thanks for that. Try and get online ASAP so we can talk about where we want this to go.
I can help if you need someone to photoshop things, I'm getting pretty good with photoshop.
Did you buy the full version or get it... elsewhere?
(PM me if it's the answer I want it to be )

If anyone here listens to the band Rhapsody/Rhapsody of Fire, I've always wanted to make a game based on their stories in the songs. It's all part of a saga and they have the perfect tunes for a game. Finding a weapon, a character dies or falls under a spell and you must rescue, fighting dragons, going into the caves (of 'Dar-Kunor'). It would be great.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
I...f*cking...LOVE RPG Maker!
I used to use this all the time. That, and a fun lil' program called The Games Factory which I'm still using to make a zombie game.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
hey man, are you good with the program then? add me on MSN and we can talk.
I can compose crap midi songs if you want
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
Is there something like this but SIDE SCROLLER perhaps?
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Quote by AngilasGuy
Is there something like this but SIDE SCROLLER perhaps?

There's a few out there, but the easiest to use (I think, anyway) is the thing I mentioned before, The Games Factory.

You can find it here:
http://www.clickteam.com

It's actually out of date now, but you can still get a demo, and maybe a full version. i haven't looked. Hope that helps.

To BlackMist,
I'm okay with the program, not great.
I would help out, but unfortunately I don't have an internet connection at home, only at work.
I'm such a bad employee.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
count me in, ill downlaod that free tiral, but ill probably be more of a story writer??? if thats okay??? am i in, ill PM u my hotmail so add me, ive wanted to do something like this for a long while!

*goes back to playing FFXII*

EDIT: shoulda read all the messages, looks like you need no more
PSN: Noverion
Last edited by Noverion at Feb 25, 2007,