So I'm browsing Craigslist, and I come across a mint condition Ibanez s470, exactly the type of guitar I've been thinking of upgrading to. The price is 500 or best offer. I'm wondering though, is this a good price, and if i were to make an offer, how low should I go in? I was thinking maybe 450. This is in canadian dollars btw.

Thanks
considering it retails for $600-$700, that's a pretty good deal. You'll be satisfied when you get it, no matter what you play.
Dickless.
2 questions, what year is it?? and whats 450 canadian in USD?? i got mine for 18000 philippine peso (375 USD) from a local forum.. mine is a 2004 model. almost 3 years so it got me thinking that probably the guitar is 3 years old so its cheap. it came with a dimarzio breed and steves special BTW. and the seller is really cheap to sell. and FYI, its not fake and its in perfect condition.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

As long as it has the ZR trem, you should be in pretty good shape. Really great guitar, comfy and versatile.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
It's a great guitar. I have read that they can be a pain to tune though. I saw a mint one at a Pawn Shop for $350 last year that I regret not buying.
Quote by bean-o
As long as it has the ZR trem, you should be in pretty good shape. Really great guitar, comfy and versatile.

actually, the older ones had edges or edge pros, both good as well.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
theres one im bidding for s470 and its only 350 aud atm thats like 250 canadian
Quote by tubab0y
actually, the older ones had edges or edge pros, both good as well.

i think the older models are equipped with lo-trs... still not sure..
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Yeah I think you are right mothership, I think older Ibanezs didn't have good trems unless the model number was above 500, like an old S520 would have an Edge and a 470 would have a lo-trs.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!