I've always felt like they're the scum of the earth of all the guitar universe, but then does anyone actually have a hand on experience with these guitars?

they're uber cheap, and on harmony-central, most reviews are postitive (rating the guitars 8 and upwards), while some are rated like '1'.

how bad are they actually? i thought of getting one for my little brother as a birthday present?

some people reviewing said 'omfg i have like 20 fender and gibson guitars, and this is da 1337!!!11'

true?

i was looking at these guitars:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbt16be_egitarre.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbl450cs.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_hbs_580_wr.htm
It's the same company as Shine Guitars from what I know,

They aren't to bad, but they're hardly cream of the crop.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I heard good things their basses are alright i know someone with one. anyway the PRS style one has a set neck and mahogany body look for that!
Ash body Tele, £65?

The body alone would be worth more than that, especially a prepared one...I'd buy one and whack all Fender parts on, Fender neck and SDs, give it a refinish and bam...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
get that tele... start him off right... too many kids start off with sg's and les pauls because they are more poplular, where a a tele has class... plus that sg's neck joint looks bulkier than my epi's...

edit: mr carrot did you buy that vintage fender off your friend?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
get that tele... start him off right... too many kids start off with sg's and les pauls because they are more poplular, where a a tele has class... plus that sg's neck joint looks bulkier than my epi's...

edit: mr carrot did you buy that vintage fender off your friend?
I didn't actually! Bastard changed his mind. Before he was all like "Yeah I'd gladly sell it, you can borrow it if you want" and now he's saying "How could I sell it when I inherited it off my granddad..."

Still want a real strat though, so i'm selling my LP to buy a Lite ash
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^ no offense but i think the lite ash tele's looks better than the lite ash strats... i believe the deluxe players strat has an ash body and it costs less... has better finish options as well

i know how you feel though... id love a vintage strat but ill have to settle for a fifties strat in surf green or shoreline gold...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

well they are made of cheap parts and the ones ive tried felt really cheap. you know wehn you try a guitar and it just doesnt feel right in every angle. but theres nothing major wrong about them, one could easily play a harley benton for a first guitar.
so if you just want to get your brother a guitar for 60 quid then go for it,
can you define the 'cheap feel' please?

ive never tried one, and i dont have a chance to, but is it like...all the crap on it is wobbling and all??? how's the sound on it?? would it be better to start off with the tele and a roland cube, rather than the ibanez starter pack??

edit: how would you rate these Jack and Dannies? http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=TOZgSChVSfz4Iz2cibhfWSg00000l_G3c6vG?ProductUUID=LRzVqHzmaPUAAAEQBR9QqhVu&CatalogCategoryID=N5DVqHzlDO0AAAEOCHExe6fF&JumpTo=OfferList

they look a little better. kinda. plus my bro wants sunburst.
Last edited by zwound at Feb 25, 2007,
well am i evil said it felt ceap at certain angles... but hey it is cheap... and on top of that it should be fine for a first guitar so long as you can set it up for him
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar