I'm planning on buying myself a new guitar. Until now I've been playing on a Jackson Warrior(WRMG), but now I want a more rock-ish guitar with a bit more groove. I've tried a Les Paul, and I really like the sound of it, but at the same time I don't feel comfortable playing with it in the same way as the Jackson...

So, can anyone suggest me some nice guitars with the old groovy rock sound that is really amazing to play with for a reasonable price (around $1000 or less)?
A Strat?

A double fat strat might be what you want. Consider Carvin guitars, i think you can get one of those reasonably cheap. A warmoth custom might be in order as well: you can order the neck to feel like your jackson, but get the body of a les paul or something else that will sound great for rock.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Carvin ftw!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
The body was mainly why I didnt like the Epiphone Les Paul Custom..... the more or less known top edge of the body...he-he.. it really gave my arm a hard time.....
I actually thought about that....but I don't want people to associate me with AC/DC...
^well every guitar has been made famous by one band at one point or another... considering you already have a hard rock guitar... id get a fender strat or tele... awesome cleans and the tele even gets great distortion tones
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
^well every guitar has been made famous by one band at one point or another... considering you already have a hard rock guitar... id get a fender strat or tele... awesome cleans and the tele even gets great distortion tones

I know that, but still I refuse to buy SG or Dimebag-guitars....

Telecaster may be interesting...
Telecasters are great distorted, as are strats. Single coils just add a whole new element to your tone IMO.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well, I would definitely prefer Les Paul I think...... Are there any ways to avoid completely ruin your arm? he-he... What are your experiences with this guitar?
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Carvin ftw!

This guy has the right answer.

Go to www.carvin.com, pick a guitar body, customize it to your specifications, and you'll have a guitar that'll blow any guitar in the same price range away.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
PRS SE's kick some ass. They clean up well when you roll back on the volume knob and get some GREAT tones all around. Blues to metal. Try one. You'll love it. If you don't, you can flame me.
Quote by DisplacedLogic
PRS SE's kick some ass. They clean up well when you roll back on the volume knob and get some GREAT tones all around. Blues to metal. Try one. You'll love it. If you don't, you can flame me.

I've been looking on the PRS SE Tremonti a little... it looks a little like Les Paul too. Anyone have experiences with this guitar?
Eh, if you are giong to get a PRS SE, go for a straight Singlecut SE or the Custom SE. It just depends on if you want that freakin trem bar. The Tremonti SE is okay, but the maple top of the Custom SE and the Singlecut SE give you a different feel than the Tremonti SE. The only real feature the Tremonti SE has is the vol/tone for each pup. If you can live without that, the extra money for a Custom SE or a Singlecut SE is WELL worth it.