I tried to figure out which scales Jimmy Page used for some songs, so that I could come up with different solos. I'm not really good at this so I've only managed to come up with that Stairway and the Ocean is in C Major, Since I've Been Loving You is C minor and Whole Lotta Love is D Major. Could someone please tell me what the scale(s) is/are for Black Dog, Heartbreaker, Rock And Roll, Ten Years Gone and Achilles Last Stand.

Thx in advance...
minor pentatonic and blues scales.
My Rig:
Fender American Strat w/ texas specials
Martin DX1
Blueridge Br73
1968 Domino Californian
Stagg bass
2006 Fender hot rod deluxe
Gretsch Electromatic compact amp
among others
idk, but Achilles is the best Zep song ever
Nerdo-sez-bo wrote:

Bon Jovi can just **** off really.

Life is one big question when your starin at the clock
And the answers always waiting at the liquor store, 40 oz to Freedom
Quote by redstapler1228
um im pretty s re that stairway was in Am and that whole lotta love was Em.

Really? Well Since C Major and A minor containes the same notes there really no difference, but I think that Whole Lotta Love is D. Found two notes being wrong there, while Em has four.
Minor Pentatonic scale, sometimes he throws in other minor scale notes or a flat fifth.
Quote by Nosuchthings
Really? Well Since C Major and A minor containes the same notes there really no difference, but I think that Whole Lotta Love is D. Found two notes being wrong there, while Em has four.

If your playing in c major/a minor whatever chords your playing under it will choose how it sounds.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by psycadelicart
minor pentatonic and blues scales.

That's all you need to know for a Led Zeppelin solo.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...