Aren't those all ready for gigging stock? I believe (could be wrong) that the bridge trem blocks, if you have a MIM, are the beefier/thicker ones compared to the Standard MIM (not ReIssue MIMs) Strats and if so, you won't have to replace it. If you're upgrading, it'll probably be more of PU replacements to change the tone a bit and this would be more of a preference thing. I've played both the 60th Anniversary MIA and MIM Strats and I'm stumped as far as figuring out what to replace other than the PUs.

Heres what I want to do to mine (mines a fat strat though)

-new humbucker

-locking tuners

-new pickguard and knobs

- I already re wired it with a master volume, a master tone, and a killswitch

-rolling saddles

-graphtech nut or just put some graphite on my nut

- IF I have the money I might put a new neck pup in (cool rails or a better single coil...) probibly not though.
Last edited by livrockdie at Feb 25, 2007,
Quote by Ippon
Aren't those all ready for gigging stock? I believe (could be wrong) that the bridge trem blocks, if you have a MIM, are the beefier/thicker ones compared to the Standard MIM (not ReIssue MIMs) Strats and if so, you won't have to replace it. If you're upgrading, it'll probably be more of PU replacements to change the tone a bit and this would be more of a preference thing. I've played both the 60th Anniversary MIA and MIM Strats and I'm stumped as far as figuring out what to replace other than the PUs.

what is a PU? sorry but im not too well versed in the contruction of a guitar... issit the electronics inside?

how abt changing the volume/tone knobs

i think changing the tuners to some better ones is a good idea as suggested..
DOH.

i feel dumb.. ok ignore my previous post...

anyway... for my strat the pickups are tex mex.. if i upgrade would it be a waste?>
The TexMex to my ears sound pretty good, kinda like Texas Special Lite.

As far as replacing the knobs and PG, those would be merely cosmetic - go for it.

Not sure about replacing the tuners, you can definitely get higher quality ones, but at this point, why? Specially if it holds the tune.

The nut is also a preference thing, some prefer bone, or ivory, or even brass, etc. but it's all preference and it will allow you to re-shape your tone.

The electronics should be pretty adequate at this point but if it bothers you, you can definitely do better with higher quality pots and switch.

The guitar is new. Personally, I'd leave it as is in the meantime.
Getting a Graphtech nut is a very good idea: I install them on every guitar I get my hands on.