Ok, here's my story. I was in a band that played classic rock and rock in spanish and we were going to record a demo, so we got to the studio and we recorded a couple of songs, one of them was "Another brick in the wall" by pink floyd (which I gave a really cool bassline, different but really cool), so we finished it and left, a couple of weeks later I got a copy of the CD, and when listening to Another brick in the wall there was something wrong... Upon closer inspection I realized the guy mixing and everything deleted MY BASSLINE without consulting any of the members of the band!!! and he played it on the keyboard, saying that "bass is just not that important, and it has to just sit in the mix", I left the band and man... I'm really sad
Its not the band member's fault, why did you left them?
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
what did your band have to say about your part being deleted?
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
^ why did he leave the? They deleted his bassline and threw in a keyboards and pretty much said that they didnt need him.
i'm right with you, i would have left.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by LetTheBassPlay
^ why did he leave the? They deleted his bassline and threw in a keyboards and pretty much said that they didnt need him.
i'm right with you, i would have left.

I thought the mixer studio guy deleted his bassline
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
The mixerguy deleted the bassline, BUT the mixerguy is the drummers cousin, and the guitarist told me a couple of days ago that the drummer just told him that his cousin deleted me. (the drummer knew all along)
You should break the drummer's kneecaps.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Wow just wow. If they wanted to do that why the hell didn't they just tell you first so you don't waste your time with it? Slit the drummers knee caps he deserves it.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Cut off the drummers feet, then you're even
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Have rough sex with any females affiliated with your drummer and his cousin (sisters, girlfriend, mother, etc) and then steal any valuables from their house. Proceed to firebomb their abode.

EDIT: Wait, did they only delete the bassline off of ABITW? I know you worked hard to make that bassline and all that, but if it's just one song off of the demo, maybe you should just end it at the rough sex.
=/ That sucks. I think you should have spoken with them about it before leaving though.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I know it's pretty harsh, but maybe you should consider your quitting and take the issue up with the dudes
Tell them this ain't the 80s, replacing bass with a keyboard is stupid.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.
Why don't you just go to the recording guy's house and beat the shit out of him with about 10 of your mates. That would be fair. Hospitalise him at least. It'll make you feel better
gotta agree with chimpy and charlatan

beat the recording guys face in and talk it through with your band it could easily go in your favour landing the drummer on his ass without a band. if you put your ass into it and have what your gonna say all planned out
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I did ^

My old band fell apart after i quit.
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Bass is just not that important? This guy obviously doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. And if it doesn't sit in the mix, he's not doing his job right.
your a minor right? kick the guy in the face, your record will get expunged when your 18, and legally he cant hit you back.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
My God... that's enough to make me kill the producer and each of the band members. But then again, I'm a hothead.

ALWAYS MAKE SURE THAT YOU'RE PRESENT AT ALL THE MIXINGS!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Hmm, that must've sucked. I've been told I wasn't neccesary before too. I know what it feels like and it sucks. Of course the guy that told me I wasn't neccesary popped one to many muscle relaxers... tehe. So I'm going to leave it at that.
are they saying bass wasnt needed for that track, or at all? Because if it's only that track, you cant spit your dummy out because your instrument gets removed for the sake of the song. I would be annoyed they didnt sonsult you - but when you get a producer/engineer to do your track and none of you are present, it's like giving an artist a load of paints and a blank wall - they will create and change.

It was wrong for them not to talk to you about it, but not to remove it if the song called for that change.
Quote by parker_muse
I did ^

My old band fell apart after i quit.

yeh i knew too

my band turned emo when i left
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
He can't be very good at what he does if he thinks bass is not that important. Next time you want to record some songs, find somebody who knows a crap about music.