im buying some sheet music...idk wat to get.
im sick of my teacher drilling classical music into my head, its good to play sometimes but i swear if i hafta play anymore chopin or beethoven or mozart im gonna go insane

any reccomendations of "good" music for piano?
Quote by astepabove
Hey. Guess what. I'm hittin' omgnowai. Yep. That's right. Seriously. Ask her. She'll say "Yes, astepabove is hittin' me".

yeah...he is. hehe
http://gprime.net/images/mariopiano/
Learn some of those if you want a change. They're pretty fun to play, and a lot of those songs get really good reactions from people as well, so that's an added plus.
My Solo Stuff

Quote by crazydiamond73
There's a shoe floating down the street on a raft, how many pancakes does it take to cover the dog? None, ice cream doesn't have bones.

Bow to me.
I like piano rock ballads.
There are some good ones by Butch Walker - - Cigarette Lighter Love Song, Dominoes, Mixtape, etc.
Brick by Ben Folds Five is beautiful.
All dresden dolls songs are on piano.
And some Jet songs are easy on piano.
i dont really want easy boring songs. a lot of the jet stuff is like a couple chords...repeat a million times. something a little more difficult maybe? ive been playing for a while
Quote by astepabove
Hey. Guess what. I'm hittin' omgnowai. Yep. That's right. Seriously. Ask her. She'll say "Yes, astepabove is hittin' me".

yeah...he is. hehe
Quote by omgnowaii
any reccomendations of "good" music for piano?
Chopin, Beethoven, and Mozart

Well, since you want harder piano tunes in rock, I'd suggest Muse, but I guess that'd be counter-productive since the pianist is classically influenced...

Well, he's not rock, but Liszt is always fun

As for challenging piano tunes in rock, I'm not really sure. All I know of are fast keyboard melodies in Children of Bodom and Sonata Arctica.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Pick up a jazz fake book.

Ya thats a really good idea. There are tons of songs in there.

But for specific bands, well you can never go wrong with the beatles. I have some of their piano music and its really good. Also Coldplay. Now I know that it likely isnt your style of music, but there are some songs that are incredible on piano.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
i do like listening to coldplay, just not playing their stuff, it bores me kind of
Quote by astepabove

yeah...he is. hehe
Quote by omgnowaii
i do like listening to coldplay, just not playing their stuff, it bores me kind of

How can you be bored playing Coldplay? Some of it is really hard actually. It sure isnt your regular 3 chord pattern. Check out a book and you will see.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by Johnljones7443
Pick up a jazz fake book.

+1.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by justin_fraser
How can you be bored playing Coldplay? Some of it is really hard actually. It sure isnt your regular 3 chord pattern. Check out a book and you will see.
Meh, if this guy's playing Chopin, I sincerely doubt any of Coldplay's stuff will be hard for him.
dude your link for tiny dancer didn't walk but you should try and fix that cause i've always wanted to play that song.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
You need to step back and discuss your musical goals with your teacher if he's teaching something you don't want to learn.
The great gig in the sky, Bohemian Raphsody, rock classics

Or you can learn to improvise blues, that never gets old.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech