Page 1 of 5
Now this is only a thread that appeals to kids in the UK coming up to their GCSE's but i thought it would be a good idea.

I know they are ages away but thought i'd start a thread now. basically just post any questions on any subject that you don't get or understand, and hope an answer comes up.

also this way if you read through it you can refresh your minds on other things. I thought it would be a fun way of revision because i don't revise, i have never revised for a test and i thought this would make it a bit more fun.

EDIT: if any Mods cruise on by, i was wondering if we could get this stickied till the exams are over. please. *goes rimming*

see what i did there, with the rimming, people saying about kissing Mods asses and stuff, n i... yano, took it further. u see, oh deary me.

terrible.

post any good revision websites and i will post them here.

SITES

English
http://www.sparknotes.com/

Maths
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H-2uLlyunNA - videos for maths exam papers.
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
Last edited by dumps at May 10, 2007,
Nice idea, if this stays bumped up I may be using it when I actually get round to revising =/

Quote by chubbychunks
Should I redo my English coursework? I got a B

You want to get the best possible marks in your coursework, it can help so much. What piece of coursework is it? I never had to do c/w for my English GCSE, 'cause I took it early and so no need to study a novel
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
yes try to get the best possible grade in your coursework because it'll give you some room for error in your exam
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
i have ballsed up my geography coursework.....there is looooaaaaads left to do....it had to be in a couple of weeks ago and i really have no idea on what im suposed to put in it....its a project thing on Malham, in the Yorkshire dales.....anyone reconise this?
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
GCSE hahahaha
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
In maths, could someone explain to me the whole Formula/Graph thing?

Like, how would I put X2 + 4 = Y-1 into graph form?
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
My first exam is next month, German speaking exam. Have I revised? ...Computer says no.

Although I do have a rare gift of not actually revising and still achieving all As or A*s in my mocks, aside from one B in RE, but that's not a real subject anyway.

I got the dates for my exams last week, thankfully they're all done and dusted by 15th June, so I'm good to go for Glastonbury .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
****, I need to do my Pride and Prejudice coursework. Luckily I'm in year 10. My last piece of English cw to do. RAWR
NOPE.
Quote by charvel_man
****, I need to do my Pride and Prejudice coursework. Luckily I'm in year 10. My last piece of English cw to do. RAWR

Have fun studying about a million exam texts in year 11 .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by JamMan*
In maths, could someone explain to me the whole Formula/Graph thing?

Like, how would I put X2 + 4 = Y-1 into graph form?

Rearrange into the form y=. In this case y=2x+5 as the -1 would be taken over the other side of the equals sign. Then make a table of co-ordinates and plot this on the graph. This would mean that when x=0 y would = 5. When x=1 y would be 8 etc etc
Sunderland AFC
Last edited by hendo123456789 at Feb 25, 2007,
GCSE is piss easy. It may not seem like it to you guys since you're just about to take them but they are. When you do A-Levels, you'll find they are a lot harder than GCSE's. After a couple of months of you finising them, you'll then realise they were piss easy too. However, it all ends there. From University and onwards, it's hell and it doesn't get easier.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by -February-Star-
Have fun studying about a million exam texts in year 11 .

Can't wait!
NOPE.
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
GCSE is piss easy. It may not seem like it to you guys since you're just about to take them but they are. When you do A-Levels, you'll find they are a lot harder than GCSE's. After a couple of months of you finising them, you'll then realise they were piss easy too. However, it all ends there. From University and onwards, it's hell and it doesn't get easier.

Definently. I go to an international school in France and was supposed to take the IGCSE (I is for international) but I didn't feel like paying 108 euros just to get the A-level crap 2 years later.
We had to study Shakespeare's Julius Caesar and Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice. Shakespeare was meh, but OMG P&P was a huge ****ing chick flick. The actual exam is rather easy, however, coming from people who took it.

Now I've been studying 6 books for 2 years to pass the A-level stuff. It's definently WAY harder. Well at least it seems hard because I'm American and I get graded harder because our teachers have something against Americans or something, but at the end of this year, it's all over!

moral to the story: you've got a lot more coming your way.
You're not really encouraging the people taking their GCSEs. If you want to help then upload your coursework.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Quote by jpetrucci5655
Definently. I go to an international school in France and was supposed to take the IGCSE (I is for international) but I didn't feel like paying 108 euros just to get the A-level crap 2 years later.
We had to study Shakespeare's Julius Caesar and Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice. Shakespeare was meh, but OMG P&P was a huge ****ing chick flick. The actual exam is rather easy, however, coming from people who took it.

Now I've been studying 6 books for 2 years to pass the A-level stuff. It's definently WAY harder. Well at least it seems hard because I'm American and I get graded harder because our teachers have something against Americans or something, but at the end of this year, it's all over!

moral to the story: you've got a lot more coming your way.

Indeed, also IB > A Level in every single way. The only disadvantage is that not a lot of schools hold IB's.

I'm at Law School. All I can say is...well, don't complain about A-levels or GCSEs. In fact, relish the time you have up until university.. That goes to everyone.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 25, 2007,
At the minute doing AS English, it is harder than GCSE, but not too bad =/
From how everybody speaks of it I used to expect it to be hours worth of hard thinking.

-Matthew Arnold

Indeed, also IB > A Level in every single way.. That goes to everyone.
I've never even heard of such a level. Don't want to either lol.
Good luck to all who are taking theirs though.
Quote by charvel_man

You're a ****. I've had English coursework assignemnts constantly since I began year 10.

How does everybody find it easiest to revise? Personally I copy up notes from textbooks etc and kepp reading them over.
^ i bought a load of them revision guides and i just sit on my bed for an hour reading them. Not good really sometimes i get my mam to test me on them
Sunderland AFC
Quote by hendo123456789
^ i bought a load of them revision guides and i just sit on my bed for an hour reading them. Not good really sometimes i get my mam to test me on them

You're lucky. My family is Chinese and uneducated so whilst I was doing GCSE's and A-Levels, no one helped me out.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

GCSE's are relatively easy, but don't disregard them either. Even if you don't plan to go onto A level -> University, they're still nationally recognized qualifications and can help you get a better job.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Not long now really, im predicted all B's and two A's in media studies and DM. O yeh and one D...in french lol but that is hard lol and I hate it. I SOOOO badly wish I took music, even though i dident play guitar when I chose my options =p.

But im lucky in november our maths set did a early GCSE maths paper. AND I PASSED!!!! Got a C which im happy with so now i don't do maths, instead its a revison lesson which is usful.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I'm halfway through my mocks, and I have a physics and chemistry test tommorow. I use www.samlearning.com to revise, as well as my exercise book.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by hendo123456789
Rearrange into the form y=. In this case y=2x+5 as the -1 would be taken over the other side of the equals sign. Then make a table of co-ordinates and plot this on the graph. This would mean that when x=0 y would = 5. When x=1 y would be 8 etc etc

Aaah.

See, no-one ever told me about making that table of co-ordinates before.

Thanks mate.
Third out in the MOD contest '08.
Quote by rickmeister
You're not really encouraging the people taking their GCSEs. If you want to help then upload your coursework.

yes please do this everybody.
Quote by rickmeister
GCSE hahahaha

Indeed - they're totally worthless. So long as you get enough to go to college, don't worry about them at all, kids.
Quote by burningcowsrule
You're a ****. I've had English coursework assignemnts constantly since I began year 10.

How does everybody find it easiest to revise? Personally I copy up notes from textbooks etc and kepp reading them over.

I find simply reading notes over and over again works. Usually once I write something down it'll stay in my memory until I need to drag it back out again, so a quick going over notes does me fine.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by smb
Indeed - they're totally worthless. So long as you get enough to go to college, don't worry about them at all, kids.

Yes, do worryabout them. Its not the end of the world if you dont do well, but if youre looking to got to university, more and more are starting to look at GCSE's as well as A-level results.
To those people wondering whether to rewrite coursework, consider this...
For German, I got A* in Reading, Listening and Oral.
I got B in cousework, and only got an A overall.
Make sure those marks as good as possible.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by flambe chicken
To those people wondering whether to rewrite coursework, consider this...
For German, I got A* in Reading, Listening and Oral.
I got B in cousework, and only got an A overall.
Make sure those marks as good as possible.

Like my history, in my mock exam got an A*, but the coursework (I was missing a piece) took me down to an A =/

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Like my history, in my mock exam got an A*, but the coursework (I was missing a piece) took me down to an A =/

Lots of my friends had coursework moderated down, so they lost grades.
In French, someone went from A to C.
Have you done your full history exam?
I got A* in the end.
[/brag]
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
Yes, do worryabout them. Its not the end of the world if you dont do well, but if youre looking to got to university, more and more are starting to look at GCSE's as well as A-level results.

You aren't at uni - how do you know? If you think they care for trawling through every detail about you you're well off the mark. They just want to get the places filled.
Quote by flambe chicken
Lots of my friends had coursework moderated down, so they lost grades.
In French, someone went from A to C.
Have you done your full history exam?
I got A* in the end.
[/brag]

I'm predicted an A*
I did well in a lot of my mock exams, but since I had a lot of coursework not handed in my grades are lower than they should be, in the B region mostly. I wasn't happy =/

-Matthew Arnold

In my mocks I got As and Bs with an A* in sociology and most of my coursework is at the same level with the odd A* but my Crucible coursework is at a D so I got to re-do that soon
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Me too!

Good thread idea by the way. I'll try to pass along my wisdom to those in need. I got 8 A*s y'know .
pfft gcse's. there a walk in the park. You must be a Grade A Star + dumbass not to pass them. A-levels, well at least thats the equivalent that im sitting just now.. so, Scottish Highers FTW

PSN ID: ArranP
I've got my proper drama GCSE tomorrow good thread idea by the way. I might start revising tonight, I've had my half term skiing break and I said I'd start after that.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Page 1 of 5