Page 1 of 3
i do not have one at the moment, but im sure lots of you UG'ers out there have a huge gap when it comes to taste in music between you and your gf, so feel free to share those differences here
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
The heaviest she'll listen to is Avenged Sevenfold. Mostly Fall out boy and good charlotte, but I do know she hates their new album.

I'm more into Thrash and Death Metal.
Meh, doesn't really matter.
when i had girlfriends they always liked Fall out boy and would rather do Pete Wentz than me....that's why i have no gal at the moment, stupid bitches

Yeah, my girlfriend listens to classical. Like Bach, Beethoven, etc. I listen to Megadeth, Metallica, and mostly metal stuff like that. Pretty drastic difference, eh?
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
All my ex's either didn't know shit about music, or didn't share the same tastes as me.

The last one was a country fan and hated everything I listened to, so I did what any loving boyfriend would do... downloaded 950MB worth of metal onto her harddrive.

Not too many of the girls I hang out with listen to gothic rock though, so it's probably not gonna match up.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
I listen to anything and everything, with the exception of new country. She listens to 30 Seconds To Mars, RHCP, and new rock stuff...things with beats and keyboards.

Although last night I found out she listens to Pink Floyd and The Cars, which made my weekend.
Get off my lawn.
Not my girlfriend (), but the girl i really like.

She's preety much into every style of music ranging between Blues Jazz Pop Jpop- JRock, normal Rock, Metal, Classical music, Classic Rock, Progressive.

Basiclly everything.

Im more into Blues, Jazz, progressive rock, Blues Rock, Classic Rock, A little bit of metal (not alot), and old style Hard Rock (Deep Purple, Alice Copper, stuff like that).
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
She hates all the music i like, hates the fact i play guitar and doesnt support me and my band!! But i still love her!
Meh shes cool in a totally differnt way to most of the plastics at my school!( she actually has opinions)
Both of us will listen to pretty much anything, except she really hates classical. She prefers popular stuff at the moment, but she always changes what style she's going for, but she doesn't mind whatever I have on, and vice versa. It's pretty awesome.
it seems like girlfriends have a shitty taste in music in general, how did we let this happen?

My girlfriend also hates that I go to band practice instead of being with her, even though we don't do much on weekends anyways.
Get off my lawn.
I've got no GF so **** it.

Actually I kinda do in a way, and she knows this guy, they are "friends", who's in this crappy emo band, so that's her taste in music.
for rent
she has a shyte taste....i have a good one

only joking lol

we have a very similar taste in music a lot of the time, even though there can sometimes be many differences lol....we both play multiple instruments and are good at music, and like i said we like alot of the same stuff
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I don't have a girlfriend
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
The guy I like listens to A7x, August Burns Red, Underoath, Atreyu, etc. What a scenecore faggot.
I listen to classical, neo-classical, grindcore, and BM.
Quote by Doolittle
it seems like girlfriends have a shitty taste in music in general, how did we let this happen?

You've gotta slowly force it on them. A7X was a big step for her, I just got her Appetite for Destruction aswell. Soon we'll move onto somemore Hard Rock Bordering on Metal stuff, and then straight into NILE!
Quote by Tarzan_man
You've gotta slowly force it on them. A7X was a big step for her, I just got her Appetite for Destruction aswell. Soon we'll move onto somemore Hard Rock Bordering on Metal stuff, and then straight into NILE!

Huzzah!

I was looking through my girlfriends ipod and she had Paris Hilton on it. She claims her "uncle" put it on. But she is in jazz band with me. She plays trumpet
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
im a jazz guy for the most part, Jaco, Pat, Wes
i like Primus and Rhapsody and Neil Young and so on and so on

so tons'o'stuffis

she liked the YYY....
nothin else, just YYY...
My girlfriend doesn't really care about music, she does like tango and reggaeton a bit being Middle American and all... but she digs most of the stuff I show her.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Well, to her credit, she likes a lot of good music. Our differences exist, but aren't terrible, the only problem I have if she thinks guitar solos are usually too long and boring.
Quote by adamk991100
I'm not in college, but i'd imagine the parties like the ones I just downloaded...

Quote by Weaponized
vagelier and PinkFender_69 are actually pretty dope
Hey, one of those people is me!

Just hang on a second, I'll be back.
My ex had an okay taste in music. On the better side of the pop spectrum.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I once had my girlfriend into Pantera. But that was a while ago. And she wasnt my girlfriend then.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
she listens to: the beatles, arctic monkeys, oasis

i listen to: metallica, motley crue, guns n roses, megadeath, kiss
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
We actually like alot of the same stuff.
Although she's not much into my favorite stuff, I like her stuff.
Shes into Alternative, while am mostly into metal (old school like sabbath, priest, etc.), basically guitar music.
I like alot of other styles as well, but thats my favorite.
She likes The Beatles alot as well.
i listen to a lot of the same stuff as my boyfriend. i listen to everything, even if i don't like it at first i end up liking it after listening a couple times.
Quote by astepabove
Hey. Guess what. I'm hittin' omgnowai. Yep. That's right. Seriously. Ask her. She'll say "Yes, astepabove is hittin' me".

yeah...he is. hehe
Quote by PinkFender_69
Well, to her credit, she likes a lot of good music. Our differences exist, but aren't terrible, the only problem I have if she thinks guitar solos are usually too long and boring.

Many of them are...

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Me:
progressive rock (rush, dream theater/liquid tension experiment) a bunch of variations of metal (LOG, iron maiden, children of bodom, opeth) softrock/blues/poprock/jazz (john mayer,buddy guy, SRV,louis armstrong ) and lately have been discovering some great classical (paganini ext.) country (i grew up on a mix of allan jackson reba macintire and the statler brothers, i like johnny cash, some garth brooks, willie nelson, waylon jennings, stompin tom)

my girlfriend:
rap (tupac, dre) emo/screamo/pop punk (fallout boy, MCR, panic at the disco)

about the only thing we have in common is some country, but shes mostly into the dixie chicks, keith urban and new stuff, which sometimes i enjoy but for the most part dont really like but will still listen to

we do respect eachothers music though and we are always sharing new music with eachother, for example if she finds a great metal or blues band she may not like it herself but she knows i might so she will come and share it with me and vise versa so its all good
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Last edited by Stratmaster69 at Feb 25, 2007,
my boyfriend listen to basically the same stuff, but i like stuff thats much too "emo" for him, and also i like a lot of stuff that is waaay more hardcore than what he listens to. its cool, we dont fight over music.
but i don't want a wheelie chair.....
i really hate it when a girl likes you so she pretends to like the same kind of music as you, but in reality she hates it and would rather listen to Panic! at the disco

My girl still likes the whole emo shit from when she used to be one (Before my corruptive metal powers took hold of her) lol.

I'm into pretty much whatever has good riffs and good vocals. The whole screaming thing doesn't really do it for me, unless it's done tastefully.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Mine and my gf's taste in music is...Very different. She's the quiet, shy, country type. And I'm almost totally oppisite. Still pretty quite and shy but I have long hair and metalhead tendancies...The kind of boyfriend that scares mothers. Heh.
corely, we're the same, but we tend to lean towards other things occasionaly.

my gf was into james blunt some time ago, while i liked that song 'perfect' or something by princess superstar....lol, it was stuck in my head. and the video made me frisky
My ex liked alter bridge and a bunch of crap like shine down....i like classic rock mostly.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer, the future is uncertain and the end is always near. - The Doors, Roadhouse Blues
My girlfriend has great taste in music
Quote by Mad Marius
Bush is a good president.

And yes, you HAVE to be drunk to say that with a straight face. And I sure am.

Quote by Garci
Damn, 1.2 billion dollers? Wonder how much that's in dollars
My gf thought she was a metalhead, listening primarily to Nu-Metal. I'm working on fixing it. Everything I have her listen to, she seems to really enjoy, so there's hope.
Quote by thewho65
What if I want my c*ck to smell like an egg roll?

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by breadfan82
Yeah, my girlfriend listens to classical. Like Bach, Beethoven, etc. I listen to Megadeth, Metallica, and mostly metal stuff like that. Pretty drastic difference, eh?

Nope. Metal and Classic are two different styles that fit each other awesome (Yin and yang).
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Me = Pretty much all metal, some classical
Her = Rap (D12, cypress hill), Indie, Rock

Match made in heaven :-\
Page 1 of 3