no this isnt a penis thread.

I'm 17 years old and am about 5'6", so I am considered somewhat short. I was wondering if milk actually does make you taller or if that was just a myth, because I have a friend who is like 6'3" and drinks lots of milk, but his parents are normal size and none of his grandparents are tall at all. Because if s I'm just gonna bring bottles of milk to parties instead of whiskey.
Oh stfu. I'm 5ft 3 and i'm almost 19. Stop complaining. 5ft 6 isn't short.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

It's not that great. I'm 6"3 and it doesn't make my life any easier..
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Meh, you're almopst to the point where you'll stop growing, so it doesn't really matter. But, as far as i know, it does not make you grow any taller.

Note: I'm 14 and 6'1
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Simply drinking milk isn't going to make you taller if you don't have the genes to allow you to become tall. I've read that exercise induces growth somewhat, but the main thing is your genes. If you're male, you should continue to grow until you're about 21 years old, if you're female you'll stop when you're around 18.
shut up.
most girls are NOT taller than you.
so you shouldnt care
Quote by astepabove
Hey. Guess what. I'm hittin' omgnowai. Yep. That's right. Seriously. Ask her. She'll say "Yes, astepabove is hittin' me".

yeah...he is. hehe
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee

5'6" is short. 5'3" is very short.

lawl
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy

lawl

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

im about 5'8 w/o shoes on, and im considered short haha, but im 15 1/2
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by omgnowaii
shut up.
most girls are NOT taller than you.
so you shouldnt care

Somebody is running a powertrip for being such a recent addition...

Anyways, I'm 6'3". I'd rather be as tall as I am than as short as you, but in reality, you're not that short at all. I wouldn't bother researching this type of stuff.
mmmk.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy

lawl

Word.

But it's not because there are shorter people than me on earth that I'm going to stop wishing I was taller. Anything that would help with growing that I could do?
BTW, I'm male, so I keep growing until 21 yrs of age.
Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee

well you're chinese. the threadstarter is either a short person or a tall chinese person.

i have no idea if milk does anything.
If you don't drink milk, you'll most likely turn out shorter that you would be. Though it may help a bit; you should have been drinking milk from a young age.
Your tall friend has probably been drinking lots of milk his whole life.

I would still start drinking milk anyways if I were you. You may grow, you may not, but you will have stronger bones, and that is important.

But does it really matter in the end? If people can't accept you for who you are they should F*ck off.
Quote by jpetrucci5655
Word.

But it's not because there are shorter people than me on earth that I'm going to stop wishing I was taller. Anything that would help with growing that I could do?
BTW, I'm male, so I keep growing until 21 yrs of age.

Ensure that you get enough calcium. For a number of reasons, if the level of calcium in your blood drops, the activity of your osteoblasts (cells which build new bone) decreases, while that of osteoclasts (cells which remove bone) increases and calcium is removed from the bones. If you've got higher levels of calcium in your blood, osteoblast activity increases while that of osteoclasts decreases, so more new bone is formed. You could take vitamin D, which increases the absorption of calcium in the small intestine, to help increase the level in your blood.

Looking in my anatomy and physiology book, it confirms that exercise can induce growth by saying "Mechanical stress applied to bone increases osteoblast activity in bone tissue, and removal of mechanical stress decreases osteoblast activity...In addition, pressure in bone causes an electrical change that decreases the bone resorption activity of osteoclasts."
Last edited by Robbie n strat at Feb 25, 2007,
Milk can't help you, midget.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo