Poll: Guitar or Classical?
Poll Options
View poll results: Guitar or Classical?
Guitar
22 59%
Cello etc.
12 32%
Voters: 37.
So, my little brother wanted to finally emerge to play guitar like me, but my first response was 'NO!'. well. not because im jealous or something i could have 'competition' or whatever, but i think he needs to play something more sophisticated....

everyone just plays guitar, and it's boring. he doesn't like bass, but he would take some instruments such as cello or violin into consideration.

what do you think?

i mean, i can't stress it more to him that it would be way more awsome if he learnt to play cello, than to be another kirk hammet wannabe or something like so many of guitarists i see are.

plus, if he learnt cello, he would definitely have a place in my band. cello is awsome.

discuss.
Let him make his own decisions.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

nope, sorry guitars the best, thats why everyone plays it
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
^ he's only 10 and he wants to be 'm3tal lolz'. and i hate it the way i go to town and see like every second person have a guitar on their back. bah. bet they cant even play, half of them. it's a chick magnet.
Guitar > Cello. You should really let him decide though.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Don't you play guitar...?

Maybe both of you could learn cello. That way you wouldn't be a hypocrite

(P.S. - I don't like how your poll question is worded. There's such a thing as a classical guitar, ya know.)
^ still, i have 1 000 times more respect for a person if they play something classical, than play master of puppets intro on a bc rich.
Cello is awesome. Tell him to learn mandolin, the cute little bugger would be perfect for his ten-year-old hands!
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Get him to play drums, then you have 2/3rds of a band in your own house!
cello is much more expensive. rent one or buy a guitar. guitars much cheaper, and a lot more fun for beginning players when compared to a cello
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
The Special Ed kid of the bass militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join

Quote by fourstringpunk
She looks like an STD vending machine.
^ i would love to. it was my first thoguht. but then we live in an apartement building, and neighbhors complain even when i play the microcube 3/4 volume up.

Well, personally, i've been wanting to learn violin for quite some time now. Plus, if he got into it it could change the ways he looks at music. But if I were you I would rent one first to see if he actually liked it instead of spending a few hundred dollars to find out he doesn't want to stick with the instrument
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
Cello. Then later on he'll start guitar and not be one of those bitches that can't read music and thinks classical is for noobs.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Everyone and his dog plays guitar, tell him to learn something different. Then again, it's really up to him.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
nope, sorry guitars the best, thats why everyone plays it

i must agree
i have no life, i play guitar and bass all day...
lol
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
If he wants to play guitar, make him take classical guitar. There, now you can't complain.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Get him a ukelele!!! They're like $30 and they sound so sick when you play em right. Ah good ol' ukeleles... you've heard that "while my guitar gently weeps" ukelele thing haven't you?
Classical or Jazz guitar training. Don't start him out as a rock guitarist. Make him get the technique, music reading, fretboard knowledge, etc. down first.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Kazoo. He needs to learn kazoo. Kazooists get all the girls, and you can totally shred on one.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by walkinbazooka
Cello. Then later on he'll start guitar and not be one of those bitches that can't read music and thinks classical is for noobs.
I started out playing trumpet/euphonium, and I still can't read sheet music for guitar, . Well, I can't sight read, like I can for euphonium. I'd have to sit down and write out tab to play it very fast. It's pathetic, .

I do find classical music enjoyable though, . But, nothing will matter if he's just going to play for a month anyway. Any instrument will end up that same; sitting in a closet. He won't get into classical music through cello if he has no real drive to learn cello. He won't get very far on guitar if he thinks it's all going to be grins and giggles.

Does your school have a band program? Tell him to join that, when he can. That's where I started. I was eleven, so I'd imagine he'd get into the program before too long.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
^ don't think there's a band program

a glimpse of electrical drums just went through my head, but then i always found them kind of lame (but somehwat cool at the same time) and overpriced...
Guitar = Freedom.
Cello = Serious suits and playing with a "damn I'm bored" look.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE classical music. But these are facts proven by the NASA
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

^ ok. lol. check out that video someone reccommended on this thread. that was awsome in my opinion. plus. i'll have him in my band fo' sho', cause cello is ****ing awsome in rock.