if u know what kind of guitar you like, would u rather buy it in store or order it online? i would be kind of torn between the two because buying it in store, yes, u can get the feel for it, but also, its been played with by countless numbers of people. if u order it online, you know that no one has played with it but u dont know what the feel would be for that particular guitar they shipped to u. what would yall do, in store or online?

p.s. to avoid any confusion, the reason why i would be torn is because even if they are the same models, they dont all feel the same. i know sometimes with the exact same models, one guitar might feel heavier/lighter than the other, etc.
Last edited by Ryank285 at Feb 25, 2007,
i first look at the guitar in the store and then order the same model online. the only exception is when i buy customs, because then you have abolutely no choice, but the guitar alwas feels great anyways if its custom built for you.
At a store...you actually get to see if it's for you and you can bargain down the price a bit.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
If it'd be cheaper, in store, because it's the small music stores that give me the opportunity to try out stuff,, unlike the internet
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

i like stores but not the small stores some stores have bad peopel and keep eyeing you and makes me heaps uneasy so i jsut go to the big stores to try stuff out
I like buying the guitar in the store, although where I live the prices can largely exceed their real value in other areas of the US and Canada, luckily I can haggle.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I prefer going to the store. Online prices are often lower than in-store prices, and the product is brand new, but you don't know if it's a bad seed or not. You can also haggle in a store.
In store is the only way for me. I don't trust companies to build the same guitar every time, so I have to try the one that I buy, to make sure it's right for me.
I would only buy in store because what if you get a really bad POS that evaded QC and now you can't do much about it? Plus, even if it is a great guitar when you get it, I think you have to play the guitar to see if it has that "feel" you know?

The "feel" is different for everyone, but if your guitar doesn't have the feel you like, it just sucks.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
At the store, you get to try them out, inspect them as closely as you want to, and compare them to others. Then take home the exact guitar you were playing.

Online, you get to look at a generic picture, then hope the guy packing the instruments puts a decent one in a box to ship out to you.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Store.

Because it's a known quantity. If you pick up a guitar in the shop, that's the guitar you can take home.
StaggHound is right.

Plus of course, a lot of the smaller stores are actually nice... shame that none round here are.... damn c*nts.
I would actually say that if I were buying a cheap, inexpensive, guitar thatI would purchase it at a store, but if I were buying a pricey guitar I would buy it online.

Why?

Because, the more expensive the guitar, the better the build quality, and usually the better the quality control. Therefore, you can assume that a more expensive guitar will be made more the same everytime which means that buying online there is less of a chance of getting a guitar that does not play well because all of the guitars play well. This is not true for something like a $149 Squier or something - You never know what you will get with these.

Of course this is just an opinion as I have never purchased a guitar online, yet... I am purchasing a new 2007 model ESP/LTD H-1001, and I will be buying it online. So I will test my theory as soon as ESP releases the 2007 models!

P.S. My brother purchased an ESP MH-1000 online and the guitar was perfect when it arrived. The setup was done well, and it played like a dream right out of the box.
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
Quote by Ryank285
if u know what kind of guitar you like, would u rather buy it in store or order it online? i would be kind of torn between the two because buying it in store, yes, u can get the feel for it, but also, its been played with by countless numbers of people. if u order it online, you know that no one has played with it but u dont know what the feel would be for that particular guitar they shipped to u. what would yall do, in store or online?

p.s. to avoid any confusion, the reason why i would be torn is because even if they are the same models, they dont all feel the same. i know sometimes with the exact same models, one guitar might feel heavier/lighter than the other, etc.

Actually, most online places have return policies which would mean different people might have played your guitar for 40 day time periods before sending it back.

I like buying from stores, I have to be able to get a feel for the guitar and plus I can get a lower price from the store than online. The only guitar that I would order online would be a Rickenbacker because their quality control is excellent and its just about impossible to find the model and color you are looking for within driving distance.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...