Man I love these guys, K was the 2nd album I ever got on CD (first one was Crowded House - Recurring Dream for the record), and while Peasants Pigs and Astronauts was complete rubbish in comparison, K still stands as one of my favourites.

Best tracks for me are Hey Dude (of course!), Smart Dogs, 303 and Start All Over.

Awesome.
They are alright, not one of my favourite bands though, i find them slightly irritating for some reason
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I love the fact that as you say that, you have The Badger Song as your avatar...
Yeah Kula Shaker are good.

A fan of both their heavy Hendix-esque rock (mopre so than the rest) AND their spiritualy umm, stuff.

Hey Dude, Tattva, Grateful When You're Dead and Govinda (yes, well done, all the singles) stand out for me on the first record with Great Hossanah probably the best on the second.

As tez says though, K is miles better.

There's a pretty decent documentary on Youtube called Faith and Music, I never knew Crispian Mills was that posh!
Haha, he's a Mills, of course he's posh

I always get confused who his parents are, it might be Sir John Mills (name that sprung to mind), but the more I think about it the more I think I've made it up

I thought Govinda was pretty weak tbh, probably one of the most-skipped tracks on K for me - liking the definition of "hendrix-esque" compared to "spiritual stuff" as well, despite sounding vague it hits the nail on the head

Anyone with any doubts should go listen to Grateful When You're Dead / Jerry Was There, which is basically both combined in a double a-side (as I recall)

I can only really remember Hush and Sound Of Drums off of Peasants Pigs & Astronauts, I bought it based on K, and sold it to a mate about a week later, because it sucked big fat rhinoceros ****.
I kow that one song of theirs. That pseudo-Indian thing.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
yeah i like hey dude, 303 grateful wen ur deaed, govinda,,,basically the whole of 'K'

Hey if neone is interested, im gonna do one of those club things
member of Kula Shaker club, sig to join
that will do for me,

db
Hush wasn't on PP&A, which made matters even worse though I like the album. Has very weak moments though. Shower Your Love is awesome, but the album isn't hard-rocking enough.

Yeah, anyway, Sir John Mills is far too old to be his dad, and while I thought The Jeevas were bad too, a drummer who I used to play _(music)_* with said they were the best live band he'd ever seen.

*There's no way I'm writing that I used to play with a drummer on this site. Even though I'm in A&I, you still get the odd child creeping in i.e. me.
The only thing I've ever heard by them is their cover of Deep Purple's "Hush". Any recommendations?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Abe
...I used to play with a drummer...

Unfortunately, the power of the misquote is always there to be abused...

(there's always one more child than you think there is.... )

Um, as regards recommendations, best thing I can advise is just pick up a copy of K and give that a listen all the way through, Hush was decent but the stuff they had on there is far far better. For specific songs just check the posts above, Hey Dude, Grateful When You're Dead, Smart Dogs, 303 are probably the closest to Hush musically, but the other stuff is equally excellent.
Love Kula Shaker nice to see a thread on them. Cant wait for the new album, anyone got the new Ep?
Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join

Member of Kula Shaker Fan Club. PM darthbuttchin
^Search for Faith and Music Kula Shaker on YouTube.
Aye, did some digging yesterday and found quite a lot - didn't even realise that I'd missed them at V along with all the rest

Sounds like an album could be in the offing though, hopefully better than PP&A was....
Yer they have and new ep's called Revenge of the King, album out this year i think
Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join

Member of Kula Shaker Fan Club. PM darthbuttchin
OK so I bought K today, really love Hey Dude, Govinda and Tattva. Awesome stuff. I really dig how they move between hard bluesy based rock and real psychedelia between songs. I'm really impressed, one of the best albums I've bought in a long time. The guy in the shop tried to persuade me not to buy it because the lead singer's a racist?

I'm not sure of the whole story but I looked on Wikipedia and it all seems like he's being framed for his naive past.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Yeah, the racism thing was just him making comments about Indian culture and how the Swastika originated there, without pausing to think how some people may associate that with Nazi's.

Naive is too tame a word, lol
I think they're pretty good. I love 'K', I just got it the other week and haven't stopped listening to it.. I play it at work, in my car and at home. I hadn't heard of them until I saw their video clip for 'Tattva' the other week on VH1. Loved it. My favourite songs on the album would have to be Tattva, Grateful When You're Dead/Jerry Was There, Hey Dude and Sleeping Jiva.

EDIT: Wow, nine months between posts??!!? Crazy talk.
Last edited by Uber-rocker at Dec 18, 2007,
K was probably the best...but i think the other 2 are great also. Peasants doesn't get enough credit.