i wanna get a new amp, under 500 bucks. My gear, Schecter blackjack, Zoom g2, Marshall MG microstack. Future guitars are Schecter hellraiser and LP custom. I play a variety of music, ACDC, KISS, Dokken, Ratt, Cinderella, Metallica, Pantera. If I could have anyones sound it would be Zakk Wylde's sound on the No more Tears album or Metallica And Justice For All or George Lynch...damn, I want it all!?! Anyway, back to my topic.
I play in my apartment mostly and jam with bud. I have no idea what tube amp to get. I have also found they are expensive. I am real close to getting a Roland Cube60, but I keep hearing that tube is best. Maybe the Cube will give me what i am looking for better than a cheap tube amp. I guess, just give me a list of below $500 tube amps and I'll research them and hopefully make a choice.
Sorry for the long post, this amp buying process is even more complex than a HDTV buying process.
the amp that you need for all those sounds is WAY more than $500. since your just gonna be jamming with a bud and playing in an apartment id say go for the cube. it can get close to those sounds too.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Yeah, I'd recommend the Valveking too, but it might be too loud for an apartment.
Brad

Black Schecter Omen 6
Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112 with JJ's and V30
Roland Micro Cube
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ
*Soon to Come*
Jackson USA SL2H
Peavey 6505+
^+1
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Joe Perry Boneyard (BKP Black Dogs)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Supro Thunderbolt!
overdrive or distortion. either will work. I use an overdrive pedal myself, but maybe a distortion pedal if your trying to go over the top.